Jerry G.

Default SMC router takes several mins to warm up??

Some component(s) in it have become thermo sensitive. It may be some of the
capacitors that have become defective. If it is caps that are bad, these can
be checked with an ESR meter. If this is a low cost router, I would suggest
to get a new one, rather than spending time and money on fixing it.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Eugen T" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all,
I got this SMC Barricade router SMC7004BR. One day it got turned off. Now
when I turn it on, it will take several minutes to power up (warm up?), then
will start working perfectly. If I turn it off and then back on, when the
router is 'warm', it turns on right away. Takes another several minutes to
'cool down', then will need to wait for it to 'warm up' again.
Please help!

Thanks.

viperz (at) mail (dot) com