Eugen T

Default SMC router takes several mins to warm up??

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Jerry G." wrote in message
Some component(s) in it have become thermo sensitive. It may be some of

the
capacitors that have become defective. If it is caps that are bad, these

can
be checked with an ESR meter. If this is a low cost router, I would

suggest
to get a new one, rather than spending time and money on fixing it.

--

I've fixed a few similar units, the problem in every case was a couple bad
capacitors on the output of the power supply, this is a nice simple

beginner
repair.

There are only 5 electrolytic caps in there. I'll definitely check them out.
Thank you!