Stranger69LA

Default RCA TV PROBLEM

MY CONSOLE TV IS ACTING REALLY WEIRD, ITS A 27 INCH SCREEN AND WELL THE IMAGE
SEEMS TO GO DOWN AND LOOSE THE SIGNAL FROM THE ANTENNA IN THE PROGRESS.. EVEN
WHEN I USE MY DVD PLAYER, THE IMAGE STILL GOES DOWN. .. I HAD A PREVIOUS TV
WITH THE SAME PROBLEM, TOOK IT TO THE REPAIR SHOP, THEY REPLACE THE TUNER CARD
THEN THE TV DIED 2 MONTHS LATER.. DONT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN AGAIN. .. I HAVE NO
IDEA WHAT TO DO TO FIX IT OR IF ITS WORTH FIXING..,,,,,,, ANY SUGGESTIONS???
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE....
David

Since you cannot even figure out how to turn off the caps lock on your
keyboard, it is unlikely you will be successful with such a technical repair
as your tv requires.

David

"Stranger69LA" wrote in message
MY CONSOLE TV IS ACTING REALLY WEIRD, ITS A 27 INCH SCREEN AND WELL THE

IMAGE
SEEMS TO GO DOWN AND LOOSE THE SIGNAL FROM THE ANTENNA IN THE PROGRESS..

EVEN
WHEN I USE MY DVD PLAYER, THE IMAGE STILL GOES DOWN. .. I HAD A PREVIOUS

TV
WITH THE SAME PROBLEM, TOOK IT TO THE REPAIR SHOP, THEY REPLACE THE TUNER

CARD
THEN THE TV DIED 2 MONTHS LATER.. DONT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN AGAIN. .. I

HAVE NO
IDEA WHAT TO DO TO FIX IT OR IF ITS WORTH FIXING..,,,,,,, ANY

SUGGESTIONS???
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE....

Ken G.

Yes first dont use all capital letters .

Next your tv has loose solder in the tuner where the metal box goes
through the board .
If you are going to take it to a repair shop bear in mind this is about
a 15 minute repair job and at maximum a 65$ repair job .Find a shop that
does not overcharge for that repair . those are a good tv if repaired
right

David

Except to do it right takes about 30-45 minutes.
On a 27" size set $75 labor plus some taxes is about average. Even in
some of the higher cost areas (due to hazardous waste fees, taxes,
etc) the total rarely goes over $100 total.
David

(Ken G.) wrote in message ...
Yes first dont use all capital letters .

Next your tv has loose solder in the tuner where the metal box goes
through the board .
If you are going to take it to a repair shop bear in mind this is about
a 15 minute repair job and at maximum a 65$ repair job .Find a shop that
does not overcharge for that repair . those are a good tv if repaired
right

Sofie

Ken G:
15 minutes? ! ? I must be doing it all wrong......
....I can't hardly get the television's back cover off and then back on in 15
minutes ....... unsoldering the OBT bottom cover, adding jumpers,
re-soldering the OBT circuitry and tuner shield, replacing or re-soldering
the most probably stressed antenna connector, and re-soldering other know
problem areas on the main circuit board can take at least 45 minutes or even
up to an hour or more....... and if the eprom is screwed up.............?
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie