Chaos Master

Default Repair on arcade machine... need help.

I am back to work after some vacation and am trying to repair an arcade machine.

Machine: crusin' exotica (made by Midway (sp?)) - the one with the numeric
keyboard where you can enter an PIN ID.

Problem: "Crashes" when tries to get record times. Causes a reboot and makes the
machine go into self test. When the machine does not crash I get sh*t data [1] at
high score tables.

I've never worked at those machines but I guess they're like a video game machine
or computer + monitor. It looks like a RAM problem. Has anyone here info on repair
of arcade machines?

[1] It looks like this:

1 XXXXXX 00:00:00
2 000000 00:00:00

Thanks.

--
Chaos® - posting from Brazil

remove the number of the beast - 666

James Sweet

"Chaos Master" .br wrote
in message ...
[...]

Post on rec.games.video.arcade.collecting

Roger

Chaos Master wrote:

I am back to work after some vacation and am trying to repair an arcade machine.

Machine: crusin' exotica (made by Midway (sp?)) - the one with the numeric
keyboard where you can enter an PIN ID.

Problem: "Crashes" when tries to get record times. Causes a reboot and makes the
machine go into self test. When the machine does not crash I get sh*t data [1] at
high score tables.

I've never worked at those machines but I guess they're like a video game machine
or computer + monitor. It looks like a RAM problem. Has anyone here info on repair
of arcade machines?

Could be that record times are kept in one of those little serial
EEPROMS, and the problem is there. Should not be hard to find if it is.

Chaos Master

] iscrivinhated/wrotou na
mensage/messagem no grupo de newstícias
sci.electronics.repair a exatos Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:24:00 GMT :

Could be that record times are kept in one of those little serial
EEPROMS, and the problem is there. Should not be hard to find if it is.

I will take a look at this. Thanks.

--
"There was an error. No error."
Chaos® - posting from Brazil

remove the number of the beast - 666

Chris Oates

"Chaos Master" .br wrote
in message ...
I am back to work after some vacation and am trying to repair an arcade

machine.

Machine: crusin' exotica (made by Midway (sp?)) - the one with the numeric
keyboard where you can enter an PIN ID.

Problem: "Crashes" when tries to get record times. Causes a reboot and

makes the
machine go into self test. When the machine does not crash I get sh*t data

[1] at
high score tables.

I've never worked at those machines but I guess they're like a video game

machine
or computer + monitor. It looks like a RAM problem. Has anyone here info

on repair
of arcade machines?

a lot of Midway games are hard drive based & if so you may have bad sectors

set the drive as a slave, put it in your PC and run 'chkdisk'