WickBros

Default PLayStation ll

Workin on a PS2 that was knocked off a table with about 2 ft drop on
linoleum, only damage was the cd tray front cover broke off, but it still
functioned, Owner thought he could work on it himself, I noticed that the
reset/eject ribbon cable had been pretty mangled, and all I did was to
re-align the laser focus, had it opened and spread apart on bench and played
like 6-7 DVD's on it solid with no prob. In re-assembling it after I was
confident in it, the ribbon cable finally gave out as I was putting the lid
on it, well ordered a new one, put it in, tryed to power it up and now I get
nothing, p-supply out voltages seem norm, but yet its "dead in the water",
no lights,eject,video
there a SMD fuse or a reset button hidden somewhere???
TIA!!

Mike

yep.

There is a BAxxxx IC that typically overheats if removed from its heatsink
and it knockes out a chip fuse with a "50 marked on it.

PS11. check it. it might be open. if it is, the BA IC next to it is your
trouble, there is also a ton more on there. Check all chip fuses that have
an arrow pointing to them labled PSxx, those are fuses.

"WickBros" wrote in message
[...]

WickBros

Mike, John,
thank both you'se guys very much, yes, my first obvious oversight was the
ribbon too, I had checked that, but I'm gonna check out the other stuff
tomorrow, again, much thanx!