art

Default OLD SONY KP-5020 Help.

Hi, I need some advice on an old Sony KP-5020 that was given to me. I
have the main console, and the screen, but there seems to be something
missing (I guess some kind of legs or support for the screen). My
question is if the screen is supposed to go completely vertical, or is
supposed to work tilted. This is very important to know since I want
to adjust the convergency the best I can, and I wonder if, since I
don't have the screen support, if the screen can be installed on a
wall like a frame, or if it needs some inclination. I would appreciate
greatly your response. Thanks!

Ray

Art,
The screen was tilted forward so all of the light from the tubes
was aimed directly at the viewers who were expected to be sitting down.
The screens were very highly reflective (and easily damaged) because
the tubes were not as bright (not liquid cooled) as todays projectors.
The screen was mounted onto the back of the projector on two large
metal arms.
I don't think you could converge it if the screen were wall
mounted unless the distance to the tubes was close to the same as the
original cabinet mounting. Used to work on those beauties and the
larger six foot KP-7200.

Ray
--

My return addy is munged. To reply, remove the zeroes.
JVF JVF is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Art,
The screen was tilted forward so all of the light from the tubes
was aimed directly at the viewers who were expected to be sitting down.
The screens were very highly reflective (and easily damaged) because
the tubes were not as bright (not liquid cooled) as todays projectors.
The screen was mounted onto the back of the projector on two large
metal arms.
I don't think you could converge it if the screen were wall
mounted unless the distance to the tubes was close to the same as the
original cabinet mounting. Used to work on those beauties and the
larger six foot KP-7200.

Ray
--

My return addy is munged. To reply, remove the zeroes.
Hello Ray

Can you answer a question about the KP-5020 versus the KP-7220?

Are they the same set internally, with the only difference being the screen size and the distance away from the screen?