scott

Default CD player problem...

Hi,

I'm not a big electronics expert by any means. I can fool around with
most things well enough to get them to work well, but this has me
puzzled.

I've got a Panasonic DVD player (RV31) and a Pioneer CD player (m450 -
6 disk changer). Both work fine - independently. When I hook the
DVD player to the TV, then the TV into the reciever, the CD player
will do one of several things...

1. it stop responding altoghether for long periods of time
2. it will play, but with LOTS of static and noise
3. it will change CD's but not play them, not skip songs on a
particular CD

If left alone for LONG periods of time (literally hours), and set to
play, it sometimes will begin play with static and eventually play
regularly - but not always.

When I disconnect the TV from the receiver, the problem remains. When
I take the receiver and CD player to a different room, all is well.
If I bring the CD player by itself and plug it into the same power
strip as the TV, it starts acting up again. I've replaced the power
strip with a brand new one, but to no avail. I've replaced the
connector from the TV to the receiver with a shielded cable, no help.

If I plug the CD player (by itself - no connections to anything else
whatsoever) into *any* outlet in the same room as the TV/DVD player -
it acts up. Move it to any other room - works fine.

The rest of the stereo components work fine (turntable, receiver,
cassette player) just the CD player has problems.

I assume that there's some sort of interference between the DVD/TV and
the stereo -OR- some sort of electrical circuitry problem in the room
with the TV/DVD player.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

scott
LASERandDVDfan

Is it possible that the CD player may be picking up interference, like from any
near-by loudspeakers? - Reinhart
LASERandDVDfan

Is it possible that the CD player may be picking up interference, like from any
near-by loudspeakers? - Reinhart
Mark D. Zacharias

Or a ground-loop involving the antenna / cable ground?

Also, the PD-M450's had an RF interference problem.

Mark Z.

"LASERandDVDfan" wrote in message
Is it possible that the CD player may be picking up interference, like

from any
near-by loudspeakers? - Reinhart

scott

(Sorry if this posts twice - having some newsserver latency issues
here...)

Or a ground-loop involving the antenna / cable ground?

Also, the PD-M450's had an RF interference problem.

Mark Z.

Mark,

As I said before, I'm no electronics whiz... could you explain this to
me in simple terms?

There's no cable (in the sense of Time-Warner cable TV) connected to
this setup - just a set of rabbit ears and we just watch what we can
get with them (which is not too bad - all major nets, plus Fox, UPN,
WB, a couple PBS stations and a couple of other independent stations)

There are TWO antennas connected to the receiver - both simple
antennaes - a small wire loop antennae for the AM and a longer wire
antenna for the FM that's simply strung along part of the outline of
the entertainment center.

Thanks for your help!

scott

randy

try anoher tv , sounds like its' filter is bad.