Lori

Default JVC AV-36D203 TV... blurry picture... help!

I have a JVC AV-36D203... It's a 36" ... had it for just over 3 years now.
The online manual (http://books.jvcservice.com/download...0397/28259.pdf)
did not help.

The picture is most blurry in the center. Towards the bottom and sides, it
is not as blurry. I noticed it a little a couple of days ago, but now it is
just completely overtaken the screen. Changing some tint/color settings
didn't do much good. My dad blames it on the video games, but it's not a
projection TV... I say we got a lemon; the tubes are probably burnt out or
something. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Lori

Sorry, I've done some researching and found a more appropriate term would be
"poor focus".
From what I saw, that is commonly adjustment and picture tube? Is that
correct? Any further suggestions? What is adjustment? Would it be worth it
to get a replacement tube, and is that something I can install myself?

"Lori" wrote in message
. net...
I have a JVC AV-36D203... It's a 36" ... had it for just over 3 years now.
The online manual

(http://books.jvcservice.com/download...0397/28259.pdf)
did not help.

The picture is most blurry in the center. Towards the bottom and sides, it
is not as blurry. I noticed it a little a couple of days ago, but now it

is
just completely overtaken the screen. Changing some tint/color settings
didn't do much good. My dad blames it on the video games, but it's not a
projection TV... I say we got a lemon; the tubes are probably burnt out or
something. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

David

No, it a tube is not something you will be able to install yourself in that
set.
Even if you had all the required test equipment and experience to perform
the alignments after replacing the tube, there is no way you would be able
to lift and install the tube yourself safely.

Since it happened more or less suddenly, the set needs a proper diagnosis by
someone with the experience to properly and safely troublshoot the voltages
and circuits involved.

It is very possible there is a circuit failure in the high voltage or
divider section causing the problems. In that size of set it also could
have a dynamic focus circuit as well which could have failed components.

David

Lori wrote in message
. net...
Sorry, I've done some researching and found a more appropriate term would

be
"poor focus".
From what I saw, that is commonly adjustment and picture tube? Is that
correct? Any further suggestions? What is adjustment? Would it be worth it
to get a replacement tube, and is that something I can install myself?

"Lori" wrote in message
. net...
I have a JVC AV-36D203... It's a 36" ... had it for just over 3 years

now.
The online manual

(http://books.jvcservice.com/download...0397/28259.pdf)
did not help.

The picture is most blurry in the center. Towards the bottom and sides,

it
is not as blurry. I noticed it a little a couple of days ago, but now it

is
just completely overtaken the screen. Changing some tint/color settings
didn't do much good. My dad blames it on the video games, but it's not a
projection TV... I say we got a lemon; the tubes are probably burnt out

or
something. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Lori

Thank you very much!
Another note, the TV was off all night, so now it looks better. Once it's on
a while I expect it will get worse. Don't know if that makes a difference.

"David" wrote in message
No, it a tube is not something you will be able to install yourself in

that
set.
Even if you had all the required test equipment and experience to perform
the alignments after replacing the tube, there is no way you would be able
to lift and install the tube yourself safely.

Since it happened more or less suddenly, the set needs a proper diagnosis

by
someone with the experience to properly and safely troublshoot the

voltages
and circuits involved.

It is very possible there is a circuit failure in the high voltage or
divider section causing the problems. In that size of set it also could
have a dynamic focus circuit as well which could have failed components.

David

Lori wrote in message
. net...
Sorry, I've done some researching and found a more appropriate term

would
be
"poor focus".
From what I saw, that is commonly adjustment and picture tube? Is that
correct? Any further suggestions? What is adjustment? Would it be worth

it
to get a replacement tube, and is that something I can install myself?

"Lori" wrote in message
. net...
I have a JVC AV-36D203... It's a 36" ... had it for just over 3 years

now.
The online manual

(http://books.jvcservice.com/download...0397/28259.pdf)
did not help.

The picture is most blurry in the center. Towards the bottom and

sides,
it
is not as blurry. I noticed it a little a couple of days ago, but now

it
is
just completely overtaken the screen. Changing some tint/color

settings
didn't do much good. My dad blames it on the video games, but it's not

projection TV... I say we got a lemon; the tubes are probably burnt

out
or
something. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Sofie

Lori:
Probably not a "tube" problem (which is good because tube replacement is
cost prohibitive) but more than likely there is a circuitry failure or a
heat-intermittent component...... an experienced tech with the proper test
equipment and troubleshooting procedures should be able to repair the
problem...... or at the very least you should obtain a repair cost estimate
so you can make an intelligent repair decision.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie