Brad Petria

Default Samsung TV TXB1920 Weird Problem

Hi,

I have a Samsung TV TXB1920 in my shop with random green horizontal
lines, about the thickness of 2 or 3 scan lines. These are not retrace lines,
and they are solid, unbroken lines accross the screen. You can see two,
three, or four of these lines at random locations on the screen. Vibration
has no effect on the lines. Did you have a similar case?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Tip for your old computer (reduce discard pollution too):

If you can't sell your old computer, don't throw it away. Use it to backup
your software by transferring files/folders from your new computer or laptop
to it. I transferred my Windows folder and other stuff to my old computer
using "PC Link", which I downloaded from www.simtel.net (cool site).

http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/52792.shtml (info or download)

EsMot

I don't know if you have the same kind of lines I had: a couple of almost
horizontal lines spreading down from the top of the screen. Mine had the
upper last few picture lines "turned over". I found a small inductance
toasted in the vertical modul. The inductance was not interrupted but it's
resistance went quite high causing a significant voltage drop. I believe
it's purpose was to reject a high frequency harmonic coming from the power
source - I shortcircuted the inductante. A little unorthodox, I must admit,
but the end result is that my samsung still works after more than one year
now. If you think you may have the same problem let me know, I'll take the
cover off and tell you the component number and location. The main reason
why I didn't replaced is that the component was so toasted that I couldn't
read the value on it and I didn't find the schematic.

SM