Cuezilla

Default Quick Change TP problem

I have a Phase II quick change tool post piston type. The problem I
have with it is, when I take it off or loosen it to change the angle,
when you tighten it most of the time you can't move the handle. You
have to tighten and loosen it jiggling it around till it will work
again. It is a real pain. Is there some maintenance I am suppose to do
to it? I think it is the cylinder in the center that tightens it that
is causing the problem. Anyone else have this problem? Any solution?
Trevor Jones

Cuezilla wrote:

I have a Phase II quick change tool post piston type. The problem I
have with it is, when I take it off or loosen it to change the angle,
when you tighten it most of the time you can't move the handle. You
have to tighten and loosen it jiggling it around till it will work
again. It is a real pain. Is there some maintenance I am suppose to do
to it? I think it is the cylinder in the center that tightens it that
is causing the problem. Anyone else have this problem? Any solution?

I had one of those ripped apart the other day. Try a shim or washer
matching the center tube and 20 or so thou thick. This will allow the
clamping nut to bear down without rubbing or binding on the cam.
You could also rip it apart for a cleaning and regrease of the moving
bits.

Cheers
Trevor Jones
Cuezilla

Trevor Jones wrote in message ...
Cuezilla wrote:

I have a Phase II quick change tool post piston type. The problem I
have with it is, when I take it off or loosen it to change the angle,
when you tighten it most of the time you can't move the handle. You
have to tighten and loosen it jiggling it around till it will work
again. It is a real pain. Is there some maintenance I am suppose to do
to it? I think it is the cylinder in the center that tightens it that
is causing the problem. Anyone else have this problem? Any solution?

I had one of those ripped apart the other day. Try a shim or washer
matching the center tube and 20 or so thou thick. This will allow the
clamping nut to bear down without rubbing or binding on the cam.
You could also rip it apart for a cleaning and regrease of the moving
bits.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

I think what is happening is the tube is cocking, (is that a word) a
little on the inside. Is it much trouble to take it apart?
Trevor Jones

Cuezilla wrote:

I think what is happening is the tube is cocking, (is that a word) a
little on the inside. Is it much trouble to take it apart?

A tiny PITA. You have to pull outwards on both the pistons while lifting
out the cam (the part with the lever on it) The pistons have a weak
spring on them that pulls them towards the center. Nothing to it,
really, dont even have to undo the screw in the piston, unless you want
to strip it right down and clean it all the way.

Cheers
Trevor Jones