Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Replacement rubber laptop feet

Hot melt glue:
http://cheezburger.com/6149939968
I just tried it and it seems to work.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
Hot melt glue:
http://cheezburger.com/6149939968
I just tried it and it seems to work.

Not as cheap as hot melt but ...

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/bespoke/b....jsp&CMP=NLem1

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 02:08:09 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:
"Jeff Liebermann" wrote:
Hot melt glue:
http://cheezburger.com/6149939968
I just tried it and it seems to work.

Not as cheap as hot melt but ...

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/bespoke/b....jsp&CMP=NLem1

I use peel-and-stick rubber cabinet door bumpers from the hardware
store. They come in various sizes --- white, black, or clear.

Jonesy
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
.. .
Hot melt glue:
http://cheezburger.com/6149939968
I just tried it and it seems to work.

Not as cheap as hot melt but ...
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/bespoke/b....jsp&CMP=NLem1
Arfa

Thanks.
http://sugru.com
I have some and found that the 50mg packs are essentially a use once
proposition. If the tube is partly used, the stuff left in the tube
hardens fairly quickly.

I've been using:
http://www.awesomegoo.com
but there's a problem. It's a heat setting rubber compound. Hot
water or hot air will set it almost instantly. Unfortunately, that
makes it useless for anything that will melt when heated, like laptop
plastic parts. The best I've been able to do is make some plaster
molds of the feet, fill the molds with Awesome Goo, and heat with a
hot air gun. Then, I glue the molded feet to the laptop with contact
cement. It's also quite fast, where I don't have to wait overnight
for the rubber to harden. That works quite well, but is tedious
having to make the molds. Might as well buy overpriced rubber feet on
eBay.

Still, hot melt glue seems to be good enough. We'll soon see how long
it lasts.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Or get some rods of coloured hotmelt . Blue is good. Slice off rings,
then hotmelt string and soldering iron to "solder" the discs to the
casing. The laptop I'm using here I added some sectors? 3mm thick discs
cut down to crescent/D shape and glued a few ,flat cut face to casing,
Around the fan outlet. You would think the makers would build
protrusions around fan outlets to stop loose clothing, closing off the
relatively low pressure fan air, but no .

Rubber Feet needed JackBNimble Home Repair 11 February 4th 12 02:56 AM
Looking for 'rubber feet' Rick Hughes[_3_] UK diy 9 June 3rd 10 10:03 PM
RUBBER FEET No Name Home Repair 11 February 5th 10 02:42 AM
Ladder rubber feet David J UK diy 17 June 10th 09 07:54 PM
Glue Suggestions to attach rubber feet to a laptop. Michael Kennedy Electronics Repair 19 September 28th 06 05:29 AM