Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Replacement rubber laptop feet

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 02:08:09 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
.. .
Hot melt glue:
http://cheezburger.com/6149939968
I just tried it and it seems to work.

Not as cheap as hot melt but ...
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/bespoke/b....jsp&CMP=NLem1
Arfa

Thanks.
http://sugru.com
I have some and found that the 50mg packs are essentially a use once
proposition. If the tube is partly used, the stuff left in the tube
hardens fairly quickly.

I've been using:
http://www.awesomegoo.com
but there's a problem. It's a heat setting rubber compound. Hot
water or hot air will set it almost instantly. Unfortunately, that
makes it useless for anything that will melt when heated, like laptop
plastic parts. The best I've been able to do is make some plaster
molds of the feet, fill the molds with Awesome Goo, and heat with a
hot air gun. Then, I glue the molded feet to the laptop with contact
cement. It's also quite fast, where I don't have to wait overnight
for the rubber to harden. That works quite well, but is tedious
having to make the molds. Might as well buy overpriced rubber feet on
eBay.

Still, hot melt glue seems to be good enough. We'll soon see how long
it lasts.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D