Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.cellular.t-mobile,misc.legal

Default Should I take T-Mobile's offer of swapping the $240 LG F3 withthe Nexus 5 (+ $160)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:42:51 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

T-Mobile offered to swap out my $240 LG Optimus F3 for the
$400 16GB Nexus 5, with me paying the $160 difference.

UPDATE:

As you know, the "issue" is that the manufacturers/carriers
"imply" that the primary memory is augmentable, when it's
actually *not* augmentable with the addition of an sd card:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7364/...2f3b390c_b.jpg

So, I took up the carrier on their offer to buy a replacement
phone, with full value being given for the original phone:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2825/...849b4ff3_h.jpg

After I swapped out the $200 0MB LG Optimus F3 for the $400 12GB
LG/Google Nexus 5, here are the 100 apps (shown on the left) which
took up the first 4GB of primary memory:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2866/...05818cf3_h.jpg

Below are the 60 or so apps which can be considered "typical"
for many users, and which take up at least 2GB of additional
primary memory on this brand-new Android phone.

[Communicate]
Gmail
Email
People
Hangouts
Viber
Skype
Google Voice

[Social]
Snapchat
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
Line
Linked-In
Google+

[Web]
Chrome
Firefox
Google Search
News & Weather

[Map]
Google Maps
Navigator
CoPilot
My Tracks
Google Earth

[Game]
Temple Run 2
Hungry Shark
Candy Crush
Play Games

[Camera]
Camera
Focal

[Audio]
Phone
Pandora
Play Music
Smart Voice
Google Translate
Automatic Call Recorder

[Video]
YouTube
VLC
Flixster
Fandango
Plex

[Files]
ES File Explorer
Google Drive
Downloads
Gallery
Photos
Dropbox
iTunes

[Todo]
Calendar
Clock
Keep

[Shop]
Calculator
Out of Milk
Barcode Scanner
Red Laser

[Office]
Office Mobile
QuickOffice
Kingsoft Office

[System]
Play Store
Settings
Battery Doctor
Clean Master
WiFi Analyzer
TeslaLED

[Security]
Lookout or AVG
Prey
Device Manager

[Anonymity]
Orbot
Orweb
ChatSecure
DuckDuckGo
Proxy Mobile Firefox Add-On

If you know of a "typical" app which is missing, please
let us know so we can help others not make the same
mistakes I idiotically made.