Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Nexus 7 repair

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet and the road impacted on 1 corner. The tuff
glass splintered and dropped off a couple of minor
chips. So - it's a cosmetic damage rather than a
full-on failure.

I was wondering - car windscreen repair shops tout
some sort epoxy(?) filler to gloss out the damage.
What is it? Where would one get it? Would it work?

TA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:32:39 +1100, Black Iccy
wrote:

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet and the road impacted on 1 corner. The tuff
glass splintered and dropped off a couple of minor
chips. So - it's a cosmetic damage rather than a
full-on failure.

I was wondering - car windscreen repair shops tout
some sort epoxy(?) filler to gloss out the damage.
What is it? Where would one get it? Would it work?

There's probably not enough in the kit to do the job. It's also
formulated to have the same index of refraction as the plastic
anti-shatter windshield sandwitch, and may not be the same as just
glass.

Google for "optical clear epoxy":
http://www.masterbond.com/properties/optically-clear-polymer-adhesives
http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/protective-coatings/epoxy-potting-and-encapsulating-compounds/optically-clear-epoxy-8321c/
http://www.amazon.com/Loctite-E-30CL-Adhesive-Bonder-CARTRIDGE/dp/B000WS9HRM
http://www.amazon.com/Epoxy-Hysol-30-CL-50mL-Cartridge/dp/B0086A005Q/ref=pd_sbs_indust_1
etc...

You may want to test the glue on something else before attacking your
Nexus tabet. Some glues shrink, some don't quite harden, other aren't
good for gap filling, etc. With epoxy, you have one chance to get it
right or you're left with a mess. Also, be sure to clean the glass
with MEK before gluing.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet and the road impacted on 1 corner.

The word "impact" -- as verb or noun -- is one of the most-vapid in English.
It hardly ever is the best choice to express the idea of hitting or
influencing.

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet, and one corner struck the road.

Or hit, or banged into, or landed on, or crashed into, etc, etc, etc.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet and the road impacted on 1 corner.

The word "impact" -- as verb or noun -- is one of the most-vapid in English.
It hardly ever is the best choice to express the idea of hitting or
influencing.

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet, and one corner struck the road.

Or hit, or banged into, or landed on, or crashed into, etc, etc, etc.

The boy is suffering from too much exposure to marketing hype, or
sports reporting.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:14:26 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet and the road impacted on 1 corner.

The word "impact" -- as verb or noun -- is one of the most-vapid in English.
It hardly ever is the best choice to express the idea of hitting or
influencing.

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet, and one corner struck the road.

Or hit, or banged into, or landed on, or crashed into, etc, etc, etc.

The boy is suffering from too much exposure to marketing hype, or
sports reporting.

Yep. That has a big impact on ones vocabulary.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet and the road impacted on 1 corner.

The word "impact" -- as verb or noun -- is one of the most-vapid in English.
It hardly ever is the best choice to express the idea of hitting or
influencing.

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet, and one corner struck the road.

Or hit, or banged into, or landed on, or crashed into, etc, etc, etc.

The boy is suffering from too much exposure to marketing hype, or
sports reporting.

Yep. That has a big impact on ones vocabulary.

The start of a three time loser: He sells used cars to put himself
through law school. Then he runs for office. ;-)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 07:17:06 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

[...]

Thanks Jeff.
Seem to have a missing "Eternal_september" posting but no matter.