Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Nexus 7 repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:14:26 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet and the road impacted on 1 corner.

The word "impact" -- as verb or noun -- is one of the most-vapid in English.
It hardly ever is the best choice to express the idea of hitting or
influencing.

Just for the mere NON-fun of it, I dropped my Nexus
tablet, and one corner struck the road.

Or hit, or banged into, or landed on, or crashed into, etc, etc, etc.

The boy is suffering from too much exposure to marketing hype, or
sports reporting.

Yep. That has a big impact on ones vocabulary.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D