Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Who Invented the Trinity?

Gareth Magennis wrote:

Korg did it in 1995.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korg_Trinity

And the Wachowski brothers perfectioned it in 1999

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 03/12/2014 02:46 AM, asdf wrote:
Gareth Magennis wrote:

Korg did it in 1995.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korg_Trinity

And the Wachowski brothers perfectioned it in 1999

Where I come from the Holy Trinity means bell peppers, onions and celery.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Who Invented the Trinitron?

Gareth Magennis wrote:

Korg did it in 1995.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korg_Trinity

And the Wachowski brothers perfectioned it in 1999

Where I come from the Holy Trinity means bell peppers, onions and celery.

I think he meant Trinitron, it was Sony.
Mikek
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Gareth Magennis wrote:

Korg did it in 1995.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korg_Trinity

And the Wachowski brothers perfectioned it in 1999

Where I come from the Holy Trinity means bell peppers, onions and celery.

I think he meant Trinitron, it was Sony.
Mikek

"After 280 millions tubes sold, Trinitron will be officially dead this
month. Few Sony inventions have had the same gravitational pull as their
Trinitron display technology, perhaps only second to the Walkman.
Trinitron became a synonym of the best quality TV sets and computer
monitors on the planet, despite the thin cables that secured its
aperture grille in place. This timeline shows TV history since 1873, how
color TV became a reality in the '40s, and how Sony became the king of
TV, with more than 100 million sets sold by 1994, to later fall under
the weight of plasma and LCD technologies:"
http://gizmodo.com/363191/sony-trini...-in-our-hearts
Mikek

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Strictly speaking, Ernest Lawrence, who invented the cyclotron, "invented" the
Trinitron. He developed a color TV display tube, called the Chromatron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatron

Instead of a conventional shadow mask, it used an array of vertical wires. A
high voltage applied to these "wiggled" the electron beam to alternately
strike the red, green, and blue stripes in each trio. It should be obvious
that the switching rate for a large tube would be so high as to make the
device impractical.

Sony took over development, and was unable to make the Chromatron work in any
practical way. I suspect someone at Sony had the bright idea of making the
wires in the array wide enough that it acted as a shadow mask. Viola! -- the
Trinitron.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Who Invented the Trinitrotoluene?

It was originally used as a dye, until someone discovered it also blew
things up.

Gareth.