Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Who Invented the Trinitron?

On 3/12/2014 3:07 PM, amdx wrote:
On 3/12/2014 7:36 AM, dave wrote:
On 03/12/2014 02:46 AM, asdf wrote:
Gareth Magennis wrote:

Korg did it in 1995.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korg_Trinity

And the Wachowski brothers perfectioned it in 1999

Where I come from the Holy Trinity means bell peppers, onions and celery.

I think he meant Trinitron, it was Sony.
Mikek

"After 280 millions tubes sold, Trinitron will be officially dead this
month. Few Sony inventions have had the same gravitational pull as their
Trinitron display technology, perhaps only second to the Walkman.
Trinitron became a synonym of the best quality TV sets and computer
monitors on the planet, despite the thin cables that secured its
aperture grille in place. This timeline shows TV history since 1873, how
color TV became a reality in the '40s, and how Sony became the king of
TV, with more than 100 million sets sold by 1994, to later fall under
the weight of plasma and LCD technologies:"
http://gizmodo.com/363191/sony-trini...-in-our-hearts
Mikek