Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Fm-Am receiver, Str-D615

you're stereo probably has a small pece off metal inside on the bord try to tip it upside down and tap on it to see if you here any thing lose if not then you receiver board may be defective but this is only because I've owed alot if them I'm in need of the front price mine simply burnt out
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:54:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
you're stereo probably has a small pece off metal inside on the bord try to tip it upside down and tap on it to see if you here any thing lose if not then you receiver board may be defective but this is only because I've owed alot if them I'm in need of the front price mine simply burnt out

Did you happen to notice the DATE ? This thread is FOURTEEN YEARS OLD !

Would YOU wait 14 years to get a junkass Sony reciever fixed ?

BTW, where is Jerry ? In fact where are all the people who usaed to post here ?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014, wrote:

On Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:54:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
you're stereo probably has a small pece off metal inside on the bord
try to tip it upside down and tap on it to see if you here any thing
lose if not then you receiver board may be defective but this is only
because I've owed alot if them I'm in need of the front price mine
simply burnt out

Did you happen to notice the DATE ? This thread is FOURTEEN YEARS OLD !

The guy didn't even quote what he was replying to, and didn't even format
things properly, so it looked like a first post in a thread rather than a
reply to one. Look inside, and it barely was readable.

Would YOU wait 14 years to get a junkass Sony reciever fixed ?

But he didnt' really reply to be helfpul, he replied because he's looking
for a junker. I doubt he realized the message was old, but I suspect
wishful thinking is why he replied, hoping to get that front panel he
needs (or I think that's what he's asking).

It boggles my mind that people think there's value in replying to old
messages, when they aren't even in the right place. If they want
something, there are venues for buying and selling, and which see more
traffic than we get here. There's that new thing, ebay, that seems to
be getting a lot of attention, and is more likely to produce the needed
scrap unit (or just the front panel) than posting here.

BTW, where is Jerry ? In fact where are all the people who usaed to post
here ?

Some just changed their lives I think. Later this year it's 20 years
since I first saw this newsgroup, and the only other one in the hierarcy
was sci.electronics. Some of the regulars disappeared long enough ago that
I just assume their lives changed and they had less time for the
newsgroup. I've always assumed Sam, who was so big here at one
point, had less time to spend here. People who disappeared later, it
might be that they were lured by other forums.

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Actually I used to get here from AOL. Right now I am using google. Sucks, but it works. Anyway, since I know how google sucks, err works, what I don't understand is how he is getting so far back.

Google presents the threads newest first, 30 at a time. To get 14 years back, this guy must have sat there all day scrolling down until it says "Loading more topics" about 100 times.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014, wrote:

Actually I used to get here from AOL. Right now I am using google.
Sucks, but it works. Anyway, since I know how google sucks, err works,
what I don't understand is how he is getting so far back.

Google presents the threads newest first, 30 at a time. To get 14 years
back, this guy must have sat there all day scrolling down until it says

The search engine may work sometimes still.

IN this case, he was looking for a front panel, so he likely did a search,
and then didnt' pay attention to the date (though why he didn't try email
is a wonder, except google garbles so much that I suspect the email
address isn't readily available).

But I just saw one in another newsgroup to a post a four years old, and
it's some "useful help" to the original poster. I can't figure out how
someone comes upon that, and then has something of value to add. I can
see someone looking for a solution and then asking further in an old
thread (not that I think it's a valid way to do things), but to add a
suggestion for help?

Some of those, the problem has long been solved, since the software has
changed. Then it gets silly as someone else replies to the original post
now that it's been bumped up at google, and tells the original poster "get
newer software" as if in 1994 there was newer software.

Or, the late repliers never bother to read the whole thread, so they never
see that ample suggestions were given way back then to possible solutions.

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Den 19-02-2014, skrev Michael Black:

But I just saw one in another newsgroup to a post a four years old, and it's
some "useful help" to the original poster. I can't figure out how someone
comes upon that, and then has something of value to add. I can see someone
looking for a solution and then asking further in an old thread (not that I
think it's a valid way to do things), but to add a suggestion for help?

I've done that sometimes.

I was looking for an answer, but only found unanswered questions.

Then I found the answer off-line, or by myself, and went back and added
my answer, so somebody else could use it.

And I felt good afterwards :-)

But I wish google would ask "Are you really sure you want to answer
such an old message?"

I've also asked about how to repair my garden scredder (sp?), and two
years later I got a call if I still got it, because he needed it for
spare parts. I did have it, and got some money for it.

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Know what though ?

Fourteen years ago this place was a gas. It had very competent techs and we had real life experience.

Case in point, I posted about this Pioneer RPTV shutting down. I got a reply in a few hours, "R131" or something like that, which was the problem. A 130K going open in the shutdown circuit. that one response saved me hours of time, because someone had done it before. This is good, I thought.

I was on here before then actually. Of ocurse this was my thing, my jovb as well as soe entertainment, whatever. I was very interestd in my profession at the time because I was aking goo d money at it. I helped people here and people helped me.

but things got ****ed up over the years like anything else. for one, AOL dropped newsgroups. then late it dropped the hosting whereI could have webpages. At that point I dropped them and I could not find a free wat to get here at gunpoint.

Whatever, I have gained from SER and I hope I have contribbuted equally. In service I know I did.

That's what it('s) (was) al about.

Damn, did I punctuate that right. DOH - correctly. Right is over there

Sony receiver Michael Fiedler Electronics Repair 3 March 25th 06 09:30 PM
Problem with Sony Receiver Dan Thomas Electronics Repair 2 January 3rd 06 09:13 PM
STR-D525 Sony receiver! Rono Electronics Repair 0 July 9th 05 01:24 AM
Sony receiver! Rono Electronics Repair 2 June 6th 05 02:51 PM
Sony STR-K750P Receiver John Overland Electronics Repair 1 August 30th 04 08:35 PM