Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Fm-Am receiver, Str-D615

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014, wrote:

Actually I used to get here from AOL. Right now I am using google.
Sucks, but it works. Anyway, since I know how google sucks, err works,
what I don't understand is how he is getting so far back.

Google presents the threads newest first, 30 at a time. To get 14 years
back, this guy must have sat there all day scrolling down until it says

The search engine may work sometimes still.

IN this case, he was looking for a front panel, so he likely did a search,
and then didnt' pay attention to the date (though why he didn't try email
is a wonder, except google garbles so much that I suspect the email
address isn't readily available).

But I just saw one in another newsgroup to a post a four years old, and
it's some "useful help" to the original poster. I can't figure out how
someone comes upon that, and then has something of value to add. I can
see someone looking for a solution and then asking further in an old
thread (not that I think it's a valid way to do things), but to add a
suggestion for help?

Some of those, the problem has long been solved, since the software has
changed. Then it gets silly as someone else replies to the original post
now that it's been bumped up at google, and tells the original poster "get
newer software" as if in 1994 there was newer software.

Or, the late repliers never bother to read the whole thread, so they never
see that ample suggestions were given way back then to possible solutions.

Michael