Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SAA3018 remote handset chip.

No luck (so far) with Google, I tried with & without the 'P' suffix, and
also tried a general search for "remote control" in the hope a datasheet
would turn up in an online repository somewhere.

There were a few links to a "SAA3018" datasheet - but the actual file turned
out to be for the SAA3010.

Hand tracing is going to be difficult, the PCB has 3 layers of resist: first
layer - solder resist, second layer - carbonisation for buttons resist and
third layer for track bridging links.

The remote has been wet, the top layer of resist has blistered and peeled,
and taken the bridging links with it.

The 3010 datasheet I found has too many pins - The 3008 has the right number
of pins, and the pinout matches what little of the circuit I was able to
trace. No doubt the 3008 & 3018 differ mainly in features and functions.

The correct datasheet would be nice - but at this point I could probably get
more info from example schematics of remotes that use the SAA3018.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 23/08/2013 16:42, Ian Field wrote:
[...]

Philips? Have you tried subbing the resonator with whatever is at hand,
in the first instance?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
[...]

AFAIK its RC5 or some variant thereof (upto 20 "addresses" each of upto 64
buttons) with a pulse rate of 38kHz - which is divided down from a 455kHz
resonator.

What would I hope to accomplish by experimenting with different resonators?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 23/08/2013 19:07, Ian Field wrote:

"N_Cook" wrote in message
[...]

I assumed you had a non-working r/c .
What sort of date ?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
[...]

Date code is 84-17, but no makers logo.

Philips do SAA prefix remote chips above & below that number - but no
datasheet found for that particular one.

What little circuit I could trace from the water damaged PCB, matches the
pinout for the SAA3008 - the PCB had a 3rd resist layer for bridging
interconnects on the tracks to the keypad, that blistered and peeled.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ian Field" schreef in bericht

"N_Cook" wrote in message
[...]

Date code is 84-17, but no makers logo.

Philips do SAA prefix remote chips above & below that number - but no
datasheet found for that particular one.

What little circuit I could trace from the water damaged PCB, matches the
pinout for the SAA3008 - the PCB had a 3rd resist layer for bridging
interconnects on the tracks to the keypad, that blistered and peeled.

The Philips SAA3007, SAA3008 and SAA3009(=~SAA3049) have al 20 pins. Mayby
the pinout and functions are quite similar, I did not check. The SAA3009
datasheet however provides some schematics that might be usefull. So have a
look.

petrus bitbyter

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

.nl...

"N_Cook" wrote in message
[...]

Date code is 84-17, but no makers logo.

Philips do SAA prefix remote chips above & below that number - but no
datasheet found for that particular one.

What little circuit I could trace from the water damaged PCB, matches the
pinout for the SAA3008 - the PCB had a 3rd resist layer for bridging
interconnects on the tracks to the keypad, that blistered and peeled.

The Philips SAA3007, SAA3008 and SAA3009(=~SAA3049) have al 20 pins. Mayby
the pinout and functions are quite similar, I did not check. The SAA3009
datasheet however provides some schematics that might be usefull. So have
a look.

The bit of circuit I was able to trace is the IRLED driver that is pretty
much common to most of the different chips.

The top resist that blistered and peeled, taking with it the keypad track
linking bridges, includes the tracks that hardwire the address page of
button codes - some of the chips in this family can have a total of over
2000 codes, arranged as upto 20 address pages of upto 64 buttons per
address.

This chip could be something else to try when my scanning 8 in one URC
doesn't find the right code - I only need to identify the off button
row/column and use a row of jumpers to sel;ect the code set address.

AFAIK these chip are RC5 standard - a hit on one of the address pages would
give me some sort of clue before I start rummaging the box of spare remotes.