Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default SAA3018 remote handset chip.

On 23/08/2013 19:07, Ian Field wrote:

"N_Cook" wrote in message
On 23/08/2013 16:42, Ian Field wrote:
No luck (so far) with Google, I tried with & without the 'P' suffix, and
also tried a general search for "remote control" in the hope a datasheet
would turn up in an online repository somewhere.

There were a few links to a "SAA3018" datasheet - but the actual file
turned out to be for the SAA3010.

Hand tracing is going to be difficult, the PCB has 3 layers of resist:
first
layer - solder resist, second layer - carbonisation for buttons
resist and
third layer for track bridging links.

The remote has been wet, the top layer of resist has blistered and
peeled,
and taken the bridging links with it.

The 3010 datasheet I found has too many pins - The 3008 has the right
number of pins, and the pinout matches what little of the circuit I was
able to trace. No doubt the 3008 & 3018 differ mainly in features and
functions.

The correct datasheet would be nice - but at this point I could probably
get more info from example schematics of remotes that use the SAA3018.

Thanks for any help.

Philips? Have you tried subbing the resonator with whatever is at
hand, in the first instance?

AFAIK its RC5 or some variant thereof (upto 20 "addresses" each of upto
64 buttons) with a pulse rate of 38kHz - which is divided down from a
455kHz resonator.

What would I hope to accomplish by experimenting with different resonators?

I assumed you had a non-working r/c .
What sort of date ?