Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tracey

Default Opening a cordless handset

I have a Panasonic cordless handset from a 2.4 GHz digital answering
system. I stupidly left it outside last night, and we had
thunderstorms during the night.

Believe it or not, the phone operates, but there's still some moisture
in there. I need to get it opened up before components have time to
corrode or rust or do whatever they're going to do if they stay wet.

There are two screws behind the battery, but there don't seem to be any
others holding this thing together. Should I be able to pry it apart
after removing the screws, or are there some hidden ones somewhere?

Thanks!

Tracey

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

On some models there are some plastic locking tabs in the upper part. You
can very carefully release them with a thin screwdriver blade. Take car to
not damage the case.

On some models, also, there can be screws under a label, or under the phone
number plate in the front of the phone below the display.

--

JANA
_____

"Tracey" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Panasonic cordless handset from a 2.4 GHz digital answering
system. I stupidly left it outside last night, and we had
thunderstorms during the night.

Believe it or not, the phone operates, but there's still some moisture
in there. I need to get it opened up before components have time to
corrode or rust or do whatever they're going to do if they stay wet.

There are two screws behind the battery, but there don't seem to be any
others holding this thing together. Should I be able to pry it apart
after removing the screws, or are there some hidden ones somewhere?

Thanks!

Tracey

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Weitzel

Tracey wrote:
I have a Panasonic cordless handset from a 2.4 GHz digital answering
system. I stupidly left it outside last night, and we had
thunderstorms during the night.

Believe it or not, the phone operates, but there's still some moisture
in there. I need to get it opened up before components have time to
corrode or rust or do whatever they're going to do if they stay wet.

There are two screws behind the battery, but there don't seem to be any
others holding this thing together. Should I be able to pry it apart
after removing the screws, or are there some hidden ones somewhere?

Thanks!

Tracey

Hi Tracey...

Don't know that model, but used to service a gazillion of them.

If yours has a little plastic piece with a slip of paper under it...
don't know what to call it, but the thing on which you'd write your
telephone number, then remove the plastic (it's flexible) and the
paper and find one or two screws under it.

Take care.

Ken