Joe Brower

Default Need new handset for Panasonic KX-TG2257 cordless phone

Howdy;

The subject line pretty much says it all: The handset for my Panasonic
KX-TG2257 2.4GHz cordless phone got left out in the rain and needs to be
replaced. The keypad lights up, so the battery seems OK, but the rest of
the handset is totally inert. The base is fine.

Are there any inexpensive sources of replacement handsets for this sort of
thing? I see that a whole new phone can be purchased for less than $100, but
if I can just replace the handset, I will go that route. I'm guessing that
it isn't as simple as just buying a new handset, though, because it has to
match up the base as far as it's communication frequencies are concerned.
If it's more trouble than it's worth, then I won't bother.

Advice, parts sources, etc. would all be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe Brower
Venice, FL
email:

Jerry G.

Call Panasonic directly for the authorized dealer near to you. I think they
are going to tell you to replace the complete phone. In many of their
models the handset is matched to the base with security software. You will
have to ask them about that. In the booklet that came with the phone, and
sometimes on the bottom of the base unit there should be an 800 or 888
number of where to call for this type of information.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Joe Brower" wrote in message
[...]

Joe Brower

Thanks, Jerry. I just contacted a couple of places and they all said the
same thing: seperate handsets are not available. Oh well!

- Joe B.