Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony cfd 460 cd player doesnt work, All buttons seem to be depressed.

Radio works OK. Tape decks on bottom work ok. All buttons on CD player
appear to be depressed.

--
+----[ SERVER SIGNATURE ]------------------+
| Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to |

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"PJPM" m wrote in message
roups.com...
Radio works OK. Tape decks on bottom work ok. All buttons on CD player
appear to be depressed.

What on earth does that mean ... ?

What *actual* fault condition is it showing ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

All buttons on CD player appear to be depressed.

Well, there's your problem. Have you tried a selective serotonin reuptake
inhibitor?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 14/08/2013 01:20, Arfa Daily wrote:

"PJPM" m wrote in
message roups.com...
Radio works OK. Tape decks on bottom work ok. All buttons on CD player
appear to be depressed.

What on earth does that mean ... ?

I suggest it's a language thing, russian?

depressed - broken - not working.

--
Adrian C

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Adrian C" wrote in message
On 14/08/2013 01:20, Arfa Daily wrote:

"PJPM" m wrote in
message roups.com...
Radio works OK. Tape decks on bottom work ok. All buttons on CD player
appear to be depressed.

What on earth does that mean ... ?

I suggest it's a language thing, russian?

depressed - broken - not working.

--
Adrian C

Maybe. It still doesn't help much, though. Bit like saying "my car made a
noise. What could it be ?" ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 14/08/2013 09:52, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Adrian C" wrote in message
"PJPM" m wrote in
Radio works OK. Tape decks on bottom work ok. All buttons on CD
player
appear to be depressed.
What on earth does that mean ... ?

I suggest it's a language thing, russian?

Maybe. It still doesn't help much, though. Bit like saying "my car made
a noise. What could it be ?" ...

Ok

But don't we on usenet regulary hold hands in virtual séance to attempt
to communicate with dead electronic spirits in the hope they may give up
the secrets why the operating power departed?

Got to meditate here cross legged and smoke a pipe.... Mmmmmmmmm.

Probably a missing voltage somewhere. Find a service manual and a DMM,
or a gifted tech guru.

--
Adrian C

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Adrian C" wrote in message
On 14/08/2013 09:52, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Adrian C" wrote in message
"PJPM" m wrote in
Radio works OK. Tape decks on bottom work ok. All buttons on CD
player
appear to be depressed.
What on earth does that mean ... ?
I suggest it's a language thing, russian?

Maybe. It still doesn't help much, though. Bit like saying "my car made
a noise. What could it be ?" ...

Ok

But don't we on usenet regulary hold hands in virtual séance to attempt to
communicate with dead electronic spirits in the hope they may give up the
secrets why the operating power departed?

Got to meditate here cross legged and smoke a pipe.... Mmmmmmmmm.

Probably a missing voltage somewhere. Find a service manual and a DMM, or
a gifted tech guru.

--
Adrian C

LOL ! Guess so ... d:-)

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Adrian C" wrote in message ...

But don't we on usenet regulary hold hands in virtual séance to attempt to
communicate with dead electronic spirits in the hope they may give up the
secrets why the operating power departed?

It seems to me that if all the keys on CD transport played are pushed down,
the OP should start by trying to release them. Duh...?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
"Adrian C" wrote in message ...

But don't we on usenet regulary hold hands in virtual séance to attempt
to communicate with dead electronic spirits in the hope they may give up
the secrets why the operating power departed?

It seems to me that if all the keys on CD transport played are pushed
down, the OP should start by trying to release them. Duh...?

I don't think that is going to be the issue, as the CD player is controlled
by tactile push buttons. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen a CD player
that used any kind of locking switches ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message news "William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

It seems to me that if all the keys on CD transport played are pushed down,
the OP should start by trying to release them. Duh...?

I don't think that is going to be the issue, as the CD player is controlled
by tactile push buttons. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen a CD player
that used any kind of locking switches ...

DUH!

I guess I'm getting CD transports confused with cassette transports.

Nevertheless... What did the OP mean?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message news "William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

It seems to me that if all the keys on CD transport played are pushed
down, the OP should start by trying to release them. Duh...?

I don't think that is going to be the issue, as the CD player is
controlled by tactile push buttons. In fact, I don't think I have ever
seen a CD player that used any kind of locking switches ...

DUH!

I guess I'm getting CD transports confused with cassette transports.

Nevertheless... What did the OP mean?

Indeed. Possibly a linguistic thing, as has also been suggested ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I would guess that the plastic "switch cap assembly" has been disconnected from the cabinet face. This is not an uncommon occurrance. Open up the case and re-attach the assembly. If it is not aligned with the tac switches, there will be no way to activate the CD.

This sounds like a problem that a little bit of plastic cement can fix.

Dan