Rhadez

Default Sony HCD-H5 / CD-player doesnt work

Hi!

Im new in this forum

My friend lent me his stereo until he comes back from his vacation. I
started the cd-player, but the cd-player seems not to read the cd and
keeps "spitting it out". I have tried with several different cds but
it still won't work. ith another cd's but it still didnt work. I
called my friend and asked him about it and he told me he has had
this stereo problem since he bought it. And the store simply won't
fix it.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it?
Regards
RhadeZ

sofie

Rhadez:
There could be many different faults that are causing the problem you
described..... anything from a simple lens cleaning to an expensive laser
head replacement.
Go to the website for this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
there with some searching you will find a wealth of repair, testing, and
troubleshooting information.
If you are still not certain how to proceed you should TAKE it to a repair
shop for a proper repair or at the very least, TAKE it to a shop for a
repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with
facts instead of wild guesses.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie