Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default jetdirect J3113a struck by lightning

Ditto.
R9, C3 and C4 fried: I cannot read values.
Can anyone with a good J3113a read those values and report them to me?
Thanks in advance!
Emanuele.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ditto.
R9, C3 and C4 fried: I cannot read values.
Can anyone with a good J3113a read those values and report them to me?

** Hit by lightning = fatal injury for anything like that.

.... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2013-07-22 22:46:45 +0200, said:

Ditto.
R9, C3 and C4 fried: I cannot read values.
Can anyone with a good J3113a read those values and report them to me?
Thanks in advance!
Emanuele.

would be easier to buy a used working one IMHO
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...j3113a&_sop=15

Agreed. If it was struck by lightning, it is unlikely to have
survived. I would buy a replacement.

However, the Jetdirect J3113a (600n) runs at only 10 mbits/sec. I
prefer the faster J4169 (610n) or J6057a (615n) cards, which also
offer better config and monitoring options. Make sure you're using
the lastest firmware using the HP DLM:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpj06917

However, there's a catch. All the Jetdirect cards have problems with
crappy soldering. Fortunately, they can be revived by reflow
soldering the big Philips chip or just buy a spa
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/47177
The toaster oven method works. Don't forget to remove the plastic
parts first.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Ditto. R9, C3 and C4 fried: I cannot read values. Can anyone with a good J3113a read those values and report them to me? Thanks in advance! Emanuele..

Going against what others said I have repaired many devices hit by lightning and they worked. Some dialup modems internal and external, a PC TV capture card and some television sets. While you may think the strike may have taken sensitive ICs and many components it does not seem common, and a few discretes is all I found in my repairs. Of course all depends on the strength of lightning. That means it may work replacing these fried components or a few more.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:08:48 PM UTC+2, Jeroni Paul wrote:
wrote:

Ditto. R9, C3 and C4 fried: I cannot read values. Can anyone with a good J3113a read those values and report them to me? Thanks in advance! Emanuele.

Going against what others said I have repaired many devices hit by lightning and they worked. Some dialup modems internal and external, a PC TV capture card and some television sets. While you may think the strike may have taken sensitive ICs and many components it does not seem common, and a few discretes is all I found in my repairs. Of course all depends on the strength of lightning. That means it may work replacing these fried components or a few more.

Yes, my experience is the same. I have found the values and ,after all, they are 3 small discrete components I can replace with minimum effort. I'll give it a try and keep the group informed..
Emanuele.