Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default jetdirect J3113a struck by lightning

On 2013-07-22 22:46:45 +0200, said:

Ditto.
R9, C3 and C4 fried: I cannot read values.
Can anyone with a good J3113a read those values and report them to me?
Thanks in advance!
Emanuele.

would be easier to buy a used working one IMHO
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...j3113a&_sop=15

Agreed. If it was struck by lightning, it is unlikely to have
survived. I would buy a replacement.

However, the Jetdirect J3113a (600n) runs at only 10 mbits/sec. I
prefer the faster J4169 (610n) or J6057a (615n) cards, which also
offer better config and monitoring options. Make sure you're using
the lastest firmware using the HP DLM:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpj06917

However, there's a catch. All the Jetdirect cards have problems with
crappy soldering. Fortunately, they can be revived by reflow
soldering the big Philips chip or just buy a spa
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/47177
The toaster oven method works. Don't forget to remove the plastic
parts first.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D