Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] egirland@gmail.com is offline

Default jetdirect J3113a struck by lightning

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:08:48 PM UTC+2, Jeroni Paul wrote:
wrote:

Ditto. R9, C3 and C4 fried: I cannot read values. Can anyone with a good J3113a read those values and report them to me? Thanks in advance! Emanuele.

Going against what others said I have repaired many devices hit by lightning and they worked. Some dialup modems internal and external, a PC TV capture card and some television sets. While you may think the strike may have taken sensitive ICs and many components it does not seem common, and a few discretes is all I found in my repairs. Of course all depends on the strength of lightning. That means it may work replacing these fried components or a few more.

Yes, my experience is the same. I have found the values and ,after all, they are 3 small discrete components I can replace with minimum effort. I'll give it a try and keep the group informed..
Emanuele.