Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fault on LCD TV, Samsung LE32B450C4W

Hi all,

I have a samsung LCD TV, model LE32B450C4W.

The TV will no longer turn on. The red LED stays red, and just blinks
four times.

Opening up the TV reveals two PCB assemblies. One of these is the PSU
and inverters. The other is the DTT tuner and the inputs board.

I strongly suspect a fault with the PSU/inverter board which is labelled
BN44-00260A.

I can get these for 30 quid off Ebay plus £3.60 P&P.

It appears that PSU faults are very common with this samsung model.

Before I do so, is there a simpler & cheaper fix for this fault? I
strongly suspect the capacitors, but would like to know which ones are
suspect as this could work out cheaper parts wise (but obviously involve
more time on my part and soldering skills.)

Regards

Stephen.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 08:47:44 +0000, Stephen H
wrote:

[...]

Ask for assistance at www.badcaps.net/forum The 4 blinks are
significant, they represent the error code.

PlainBill