Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default Polaroid 600 schematic

Snagged the flash unit off of one of these I found in a dumpster. Anyone
have a schematic handy?

--
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
Control-G Consultants

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 22:16:56 -0500, "Lee Gleason"
wrote:

Snagged the flash unit off of one of these I found in a dumpster. Anyone
have a schematic handy?

No schematic but this might help:
http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Polaroid_One-Step_600

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
*Snagged the flash unit off of one of these I *found in a dumpster. Anyone
have a schematic handy?

No schematic but this might help:
http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Polaroid_One-Step_600

--
Jeff Liebermann * *
150 Felker St #D * *http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann * * AE6KS * *831-336-2558

Will someone actually be putting that back together? Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
*Snagged the flash unit off of one of these I *found in a dumpster. Anyone
have a schematic handy?

No schematic but this might help:
http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Polaroid_One-Step_600

Will someone actually be putting that back together? Lenny

Sure. If the person doing the teardown took photos along the way,
reassembly is possible.

When I tear apart someone's laptop, I like to take photos of the parts
of the laptop scattered all over my workbench. Showing the customer a
photo of their precious machine in pieces somehow enhances my ability
to charge a fair amount for the time and effort involved. Sometimes,
I use the photo as wallpaper on their machine. It looks fairly bad
torn apart, but usually goes back together without incident.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
?Snagged the flash unit off of one of these I ?found in a dumpster. Anyone
have a schematic handy?

No schematic but this might help:
http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Polaroid_One-Step_600

--
Jeff Liebermann ? ?
150 Felker St #D ? ?http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann ? ? AE6KS ? ?831-336-2558

Will someone actually be putting that back together? Lenny

no.

I just took one of those apart. It's meant to be assembled as cheaply as
possible- we're talking they don't even solder some connections. It's
suprisngly well made otherwise.

that 600 model actually has two custom ICs in it.

Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:25:32 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

When I tear apart someone's laptop, I like to take photos of the parts
of the laptop scattered all over my workbench. Showing the customer a
photo of their precious machine in pieces somehow enhances my ability
to charge a fair amount for the time and effort involved.

Sometimes, I use the photo as wallpaper on their machine.

This I like!! Way kewl!
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On 31 Jul 2012 00:29:45 GMT, Allodoxaphobia
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:25:32 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

When I tear apart someone's laptop, I like to take photos of the parts
of the laptop scattered all over my workbench. Showing the customer a
photo of their precious machine in pieces somehow enhances my ability
to charge a fair amount for the time and effort involved.

Sometimes, I use the photo as wallpaper on their machine.

This I like!! Way kewl!

It's one of the many jokes I use to keep me insane errr... sane. If
the customer asks about the wallpaper photo, I declare that it's the
internal web camera giving them a real time photo of the inside of
their laptop. Nobody has fallen for that yet, but several customers
have taken up to 30 seconds to finally decide that I was lying.

For customers that have problems paying my exorbitant rates, I
sometimes use a copy of the invoice as wallpaper.

Another fun trick is do a screen capture of the normal desktop, and
save it as a JPG file. I use this captured picture as the wallpaper
image. In XP, right click on the desktop, select "Arrange Icons By",
and uncheck "Show Desktop Icons'. When the user tries to do something
on their desktop with the mouse, nothing happens.

When I replace a hard disk drive, the customer invariably asks about
the condition of the recovered data and if anything was lost. I
reassure them that nothing was lost, and then hand them a shinny
aluminum platter from a disassembled drive while announcing "here's
your data".

More seriously, I've made it a point of photographically documenting
all repairs that require disassembling the machine. I've had issues
proving that the work was actually done, and whether removable options
(RAM, plug in cards, PCMCIA, power supplies, etc) were delivered with
the machine for repair. A few photos usually settle such debates. It
might also be handy if I'm sued, but that hasn't happened.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Jeff Liebermann schrieb:

[...]
Another fun trick is do a screen capture of the normal desktop, and
save it as a JPG file. I use this captured picture as the wallpaper
image. In XP, right click on the desktop, select "Arrange Icons By",
and uncheck "Show Desktop Icons'. When the user tries to do something
on their desktop with the mouse, nothing happens.

That's mean! Shame on you ;-)!

SCNR

Reinhard
Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Reinhard Zwirner wrote:

Jeff Liebermann schrieb:

[...]
Another fun trick is do a screen capture of the normal desktop, and
save it as a JPG file. I use this captured picture as the wallpaper
image. In XP, right click on the desktop, select "Arrange Icons By",
and uncheck "Show Desktop Icons'. When the user tries to do something
on their desktop with the mouse, nothing happens.

That's mean! Shame on you ;-)!

Not as mean as the one line program that I used to type into
Commodore 64 computers, to simulate a failing PLA chip. The border,
screen & text would flicker & change colors. ;-)