Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Home Cinema ...

Don't suppose anyone UK - side has got an HCD - S800 (or possibly a 500 ?)
that they've scrapped out for a bad laser or blown up audio ICs or a blown
PSU, kicking about up the corner of the workshop collecting dust ? I'm
looking for the board that's got all of the signal processing on it (front,
right of the chassis, about square and some big LSIs on it). I'm not sure if
the 500 is the same board, but the service manual is for 500 / 800.
Basically, my personal 800, that I use as an optical input fully decoding AV
amp, has stopped decoding any digital audio. At first, it was just very iffy
at decoding anything that was coming in on the optical port. Once it had
started decoding, it was then fine until next time you asked it to. Now, it
won't even produce sound from the DVD section. Analogue audio from say the
built in FM radio tuner, does however work just fine.

It would be good to recover it, as it's quite small and neat, and when
working and set to "Auto Format Decode", it does a fine job of decoding
virtually any format audio stream that's thrown at it.

Arfa

Home cinema wiring Mike Barnes UK diy 53 February 26th 12 05:21 PM
SONY DAV-DZ100 DVD/home cinema - audio question b Electronics Repair 7 December 10th 08 01:48 AM
DIY home cinema screen Ron Lowe UK diy 40 December 23rd 06 05:03 PM
Sony Home Cinema Amp STR KSL5 problem Davy H Electronics Repair 4 January 23rd 06 06:13 AM
SONY DAV S400 DVD/Home cinema amplifier [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 December 8th 05 01:12 AM