Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Name & specification of this speaker

Photo: http://postimage.org/image/v0rltvg8d/

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silent.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Man-wai Chang"

Photo: http://postimage.org/image/v0rltvg8d/

** You gotta be joking - ****head.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default [OT]

Photo: http://postimage.org/image/v0rltvg8d/

** You gotta be joking - ****head.

That meant "I don't know", I supposed.

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silent.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.3.3
^ ^ 18:44:01 up 22:00 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 28/04/2012 09:41, Man-wai Chang wrote:

Photo: http://postimage.org/image/v0rltvg8d/

It looks like a small speaker.

Probably 6.348375923875398573958723975835287 ohm impedance, but could be
6.348375923875398573958723975835288. Hard to tell. What does it smell
like, and what colour was the cabinet you found it in?

--
Adrian C

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is a subminiature speaker for a toy, or possibly a music-playing
device.

The only way you're going to find a replacement is to start searching parts
catalogs.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Man-wai Chang"

Photo: http://postimage.org/image/v0rltvg8d/

** You gotta be joking - ****head.

That meant "I don't know",

** It's IMPOSSIBLE to know !!

YOU ****ING CHOW MORON !!!!!!!!!

Go stick your stupid SLOPED head down a " toylet " and flush it.

.... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Adrian C"
Man-wai Chang wrote:

Photo: http://postimage.org/image/v0rltvg8d/

It looks like a small speaker.

Probably 6.348375923875398573958723975835287 ohm impedance, but could be
6.348375923875398573958723975835288. Hard to tell. What does it smell
like, and what colour was the cabinet you found it in?

** LOL !!

This chow IS as Dim as he Sim !!!

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

** You gotta be joking - ****head.
That meant "I don't know",

** It's IMPOSSIBLE to know !!
YOU ****ING CHOW MORON !!!!!!!!!
Go stick your stupid SLOPED head down a " toylet " and flush it.

I don't think so. Experiences ...

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silent.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.3.3
^ ^ 21:27:01 up 1 day 43 min 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is a subminiature speaker for a toy, or possibly a music-playing
device.
The only way you're going to find a replacement is to start searching parts
catalogs.

It's indeed a small speaker. I should have put a ruler next to it when
taking the photo. Or use a 3D scanner....

Here is the complete pictu

http://postimage.org/image/k1tdf0ygx/

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silent.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.3.3
^ ^ 21:27:01 up 1 day 43 min 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

** It's IMPOSSIBLE to know !!
YOU ****ING CHOW MORON !!!!!!!!!
Go stick your stupid SLOPED head down a " toylet " and flush it.

Let's continue with my another reply in this thread.

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silent.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.3.3
^ ^ 21:32:01 up 1 day 48 min 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Your Honor, I come in peace...

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silent.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.3.3
^ ^ 21:37:02 up 1 day 53 min 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is a subminiature speaker for a toy, or possibly a music-playing
device. The only way you're going to find a replacement is to start
searching parts catalogs.

It's indeed a small speaker. I should have put a ruler next to it when
taking the photo. Or use a 3D scanner....
Here is the complete pictu
http://postimage.org/image/k1tdf0ygx

This kind of miniature speaker system is fairly common. I would suggest
simply buying a new one.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This kind of miniature speaker system is fairly common. I would suggest
simply buying a new one.

No... only the speaker is dead. The rechargeable battery and the 3.5mm
audio in are still working. So I wanna buy maybe a better compact
speaker and use a plastic bottle to box everything.

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silent.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.3.3
^ ^ 22:17:02 up 1 day 1:33 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This kind of miniature speaker system is fairly common. I would suggest
simply buying a new one.

Another reason why I was trying to repair it:
Do you know how much poisonous e-waste are being dumped outside of USA?

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silent.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.3.3
^ ^ 22:32:01 up 1 day 1:48 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Another reason why I was trying to repair it:
Do you know how much poisonous e-waste are being
dumped outside of USA?

Yes.

Let's hope the Chinese soldiers would forever protect US interests...

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.3.3
^ ^ 01:02:02 up 1 day 4:18 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 28, 7:36*am, Man-wai Chang wrote:
This kind of miniature speaker system is fairly common. I would suggest
simply buying a new one.

Another reason why I was trying to repair it:
Do you know how much poisonous e-waste are being dumped outside of USA?

The driver element is a specialty device, likely designed for that
specific company. Can you read any labelling on the device?

But, to avoid loading the planet down with even one more yoyo-sized
amount of ewaste, I suggest contacting the manufacturer and having it
repaired under warranty. If it is out of warranty, contact the
manufacturer and have a new driver element sent to you. If they are no
help, as you can apparently read Chinese you can use alibaba to find a
manufacturer of the driver element.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The driver element is a specialty device, likely designed for that
specific company. Can you read any labelling on the device?

No label. Because it's not a motherboard kind of thing, there is no
webpage listing its specification and parts list.

But, to avoid loading the planet down with even one more yoyo-sized
amount of ewaste, I suggest contacting the manufacturer and having it
repaired under warranty. If it is out of warranty, contact the
manufacturer and have a new driver element sent to you. If they are no
help, as you can apparently read Chinese you can use alibaba to find a
manufacturer of the driver element.

It's out of warranty. I salvaged it from a rich family.

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.3.3
^ ^ 14:49:01 up 1 day 18:05 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

BTW thank you for the MonoPrice website!

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.3.4
^ ^ 23:19:01 up 2 days 3:14 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

BTW... Thank you for the MonoPrice website!

You're welcome. Monoprice has a lot of decent-quality cheap stuff.