Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default looking for a simple pendulum driver circuit

I just installed a quartz battery movement into a wall clock that once had a
mechanical movement. I lost the pendulum capability and I'd like to find a
simple circuit that would move the pendulum with the same speed as in a
normal clock. I'd like to use the same pendulum the clock used before I
replaced the movement, which is 3" diameter bob and 12" long. The circuit
would be best powered from a single or double C or D batteries. Anyone have
any ideas or links?

Thank you,
Bill

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

In article , "Bill M" wrote:

I just installed a quartz battery movement into a wall clock that once had a
mechanical movement. I lost the pendulum capability and I'd like to find a
simple circuit that would move the pendulum with the same speed as in a
normal clock. I'd like to use the same pendulum the clock used before I
replaced the movement, which is 3" diameter bob and 12" long. The circuit
would be best powered from a single or double C or D batteries. Anyone have
any ideas or links?

Try this:

http://www.sparkbangbuzz.com/els/magkick-el.htm

I built one, and it works as advertised.

Isaac
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, March 16, 2012 9:02:58 PM UTC-7, Bill M wrote:
I just installed a quartz battery movement into a wall clock that once had a
mechanical movement. I lost the pendulum capability and I'd like to find a
simple circuit that would move the pendulum with the same speed as in a
normal clock. I'd like to use the same pendulum the clock used before I
replaced the movement, which is 3" diameter bob and 12" long. The circuit
would be best powered from a single or double C or D batteries. Anyone have
any ideas or links?

Thank you,
Bill

Bill, you can buy quartz movements with pendulum for about $10 and they come with a pendulum stem that is cuttable to length as well as a bob.

Neil S.

Check at clockparts.com

Among other things, they have a quartz pendulum movement that can
handle 17" hands and a 25" pendulum for $13(US) plus shipping.

http://cart.clockparts.com/hightorqu...ent-p-158.html

Surprisingly simple push-pull driver Tim Williams Electronic Schematics 2 August 15th 10 07:35 PM
Simple mono amp circuit Adrian Electronics 2 November 16th 05 07:06 PM
Simple Circuit Pat Ziegler Electronics 2 July 30th 05 02:35 AM
Need a Simple On and Off circuit Eric Electronics 2 January 24th 04 01:29 AM
A simple circuit - help pls Ian T Electronics 5 June 27th 03 04:44 PM