Electronics (alt.electronics)

Adrian

Default Simple mono amp circuit

Simple mono amp circuit that will auto mute/reduce at a variable noise level?

The application is (yes I know I can buy this pre built!) I have ear defenders and I want to hear normal noise but when a shot gun is fired , the noise is either muted or attenuated.

No I only shoot clays, just in case you are wondering!

Any one know of a simple circuit diagram I want to do this as an intro in to electronics!

ALBERT C. GOOD JR.

Dear Adrian

May I suggest that to learn electronics, it is necessisary to start simple and learn a lot of theoretical minutia and some math.

As I see it one of the difficulties with what you want, is that it will be necessisary to determine the time delays between the muzzle blast and the times necessisary for the electronics to shut down. It is also conceivable to build electronic\s that is noise canceling and singles out specific sounds/noises. These devices tend to be somewhat exotic and difficult to understand for a beginner.

I think the project that you suggest is a little complicated as a starter. Also I would be concerned with my hearing to the point that I would get something that has been engineered to that end. But lets see what some of the sharp cookies who red this have to say.

Yours
Albert

"Adrian" wrote in message ...
Simple mono amp circuit that will auto mute/reduce at a variable noise level?

The application is (yes I know I can buy this pre built!) I have ear defenders and I want to hear normal noise but when a shot gun is fired , the noise is either muted or attenuated.

No I only shoot clays, just in case you are wondering!

Any one know of a simple circuit diagram I want to do this as an intro in to electronics!

Posted to alt.electronics
Adrian

Hi
Thanks for your input and a system that cancel only the shut gun noise using negative sound would be ace, however a simple amp the crops noise over a certain level is a more realistic starting point!

I have done some basic electronic may years a go and can solder but Ideally would like this as a circuit diagram with some explanation or even a kit.

Can anyone help?