Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default To go along with previous post about LG Optimus Damaged PCB

Heres the photo link of the damaged PCB in question. Notice the upper
right side behind charger port. Ive already removed the burned out
diode and laid it along the power rail in the photo. What are the
components near to that area and can I bridge anything to get it back
working again? photo link is http://www.flickr.com/#/photos/77872404@N08
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3/10/2012 1:47 AM, Rude Co. wrote:
Heres the photo link of the damaged PCB in question. Notice the upper
right side behind charger port. Ive already removed the burned out
diode and laid it along the power rail in the photo. What are the
components near to that area and can I bridge anything to get it back
working again? photo link is http://www.flickr.com/#/photos/77872404@N08

I am not going to sign up to Flicker just to see you picture. The diode
did not commit suicide. It died because something further on in the
circuit killed it. The diode was a sacrificial component to stop an
actual fire from starting. You won't gain anything by replacing the
diode without first determining what caused the death and repairing that.

Paul
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Rude Co." wrote in news:34830f3e-3f90-4a59-b716-
:

http://www.flickr.com/#/photos/77872404@N08

No photo...........
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Rude Co. wrote:
Heres the photo link of the damaged PCB in question. Notice the upper
right side behind charger port. Ive already removed the burned out
diode and laid it along the power rail in the photo. What are the
components near to that area and can I bridge anything to get it back
working again? photo link is http://www.flickr.com/#/photos/77872404@N08

correction...... photo is located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/rudeco,
sorry for the mishap.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 12:11:16 -0800 (PST), "Rude Co."
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Rude Co. wrote:
Heres the photo link of the damaged PCB in question. Notice the upper
right side behind charger port. Ive already removed the burned out
diode and laid it along the power rail in the photo. What are the
components near to that area and can I bridge anything to get it back
working again? photo link is http://www.flickr.com/#/photos/77872404@N08

correction...... photo is located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/rudeco,
sorry for the mishap.

Here is a direct link to your photo (no ads, banners, popups, etc):
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7040/6...c9554088_b.jpg

Unfortunately I can't make out any of the part markings. :-(

If your camera doesn't have a macro function, then sometimes a scan
will produce a better result.

Otherwise, can you determine where the diode's pads connect to? In
particular, which pins of the charger port, if any, connect to the
diode?

Your "charger port" looks like a micro-USB socket:
http://pinoutsguide.com/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml
http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-A-N...b_pinout.shtml

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Rude Co. wrote:
[...]

Or use a magnifying glass and spacer tube and a few test shots to get to
know the focus range.