Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default computer setup

I'm putting together a Pentium 233 to run some old programs I still
use. The computer will have two floppy drives. A is a 1.44 and B is a
1.2 meg. There are two hard drives. C and D are on one physical drive
and E is on the second drive. Win 98, a few programs and Dos 6.2 is on
C. This is the weird thing. I set this all up in bios and when I boot
from Dos both A and B are both accessible, however D and E come up as
"invalid drive specification". When I boot from windows the hard
drives are accessible but B is no where to be found. Bios does say
that everything is there, but depending on which operating system I
decide to use it isn't. Does anyone have a clue as to what could be
happening here? Thanks, Lenny

anyone seen this setup before? Dean Heighington[_2_] UK diy 9 September 4th 11 09:02 AM
How often do you check the setup of your TS? Bill Woodworking 12 December 12th 09 08:22 AM
Setup Box [email protected] Metalworking 1 July 20th 09 05:50 AM
Setup Box Brian Lawson Metalworking 0 July 19th 09 07:05 AM
Car Battery wiring & setup. Mobile/Setup/Coolbox john UK diy 3 August 7th 05 07:13 PM