Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fixing a bent usb

Too many times I've thrown out a bent USB..
what if I really needed it? how likely would I be to repair it?
Any kits?

Usually happens with memory, but I just dropped and messed up a modem

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 22 May 2011 02:59:17 +0000 (UTC), wrote:
Too many times I've thrown out a bent USB..

A "bent USB" *WHAT*?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 22, 3:59*am, wrote:
Too many times I've thrown out a bent USB..
what if I really needed it? how likely would I be to repair it?
Any kits?

Usually happens with memory, but I just dropped and messed up a modem

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - = -
*Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
* * * * * * * * * *http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
* ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. *Everything fully disclaimed..}---
* *[Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
*[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Since you mention it, I have an SD card reader that's fallen apart and
will no longer recognise the card, although the computer recognises it
as a disk drive with no disk. For a while, I could get it to find the
card if I squeezed it between my fingers, but that doesn't work any
more. No sweat, I got a replacement for guess what in a 99p shop. But
just out of curiosity, is there anything I could use it for, e.g.
could the computer waggle any of the card contacts up and down somehow
to control something?

Chris
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
On May 22, 3:59 am, wrote:
Too many times I've thrown out a bent USB..
what if I really needed it? how likely would I be to repair it?
Any kits?

Usually happens with memory, but I just dropped and messed up a modem

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Since you mention it, I have an SD card reader that's fallen apart and
will no longer recognise the card, although the computer recognises it
as a disk drive with no disk. For a while, I could get it to find the
card if I squeezed it between my fingers, but that doesn't work any
more. No sweat, I got a replacement for guess what in a 99p shop. But
just out of curiosity, is there anything I could use it for, e.g.
could the computer waggle any of the card contacts up and down somehow
to control something?

Chris

You can always use it to prop open a window.

How on earth a computer could waggle a contact when the contact is a
simple piece of spring metal I'll never know...

John ;-#)#

www.flippers.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 21, 10:59*pm, wrote:
Too many times I've thrown out a bent USB..
what if I really needed it? how likely would I be to repair it?
Any kits?

Usually happens with memory, but I just dropped and messed up a modem

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - = -
*Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
* * * * * * * * * *http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
* ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. *Everything fully disclaimed..}---
* *[Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
*[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

The micro usb connector broke off in my GPS unit due to flexing of no-
lead solder joints, was able to wick off the no-lead and use leaded to
fix it. Also hit a SAN DISK unit still plugged into the front of my
tower PC causing it to fail by lifting the lands from the board. That
required a few pieces of 30ga wire from the outer pins to a nearby cap
and some finer 40ga magnet wire to connect the D+/D- lines to the
controller chip. Tedious job but it works now.
al

fixing a bent tooth of a pitchfork Alan Calan Home Repair 8 July 1st 17 05:14 PM
Bent Laminations J. Clarke Woodworking 2 October 14th 06 05:50 AM
pvc pipe, can it be bent? werwer Home Repair 12 February 27th 06 05:10 PM
bent caliper william kossack Woodturning 6 January 22nd 05 06:18 PM
Bent Spindle? Paul Weber Metalworking 8 August 26th 03 01:41 PM