Posted to alt.home.repair
werwer

Default pvc pipe, can it be bent?

Is there a way to bend white pvc pipe? Heat? Chemical?

Posted to alt.home.repair
digitalmaster

"werwer" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there a way to bend white pvc pipe? Heat? Chemical?

yes...heat

Posted to alt.home.repair

you have to support the inside with something like a big spring then
heat and bend carefully

Posted to alt.home.repair

you have to support the inside with something like a big spring then
heat and bend carefully

Posted to alt.home.repair

theres flexible schedule 40 in 3 and 4 inch diameters. outside it
appears corrugated, inside its smooth

Posted to alt.home.repair

theres flexible schedule 40 in 3 and 4 inch diameters. outside it
appears corrugated, inside its smooth

Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Depending on what you are doing and the pipe size you may only need to
curve it. 3/4 and even 1" can make quite a curve without kinking.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

when bending you cant allow the connection location to deform, because
it wouldnt seal.

incidently schedule 40 clear drain pipe is available too

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...
Depending on what you are doing and the pipe size you may only need to
curve it. 3/4 and even 1" can make quite a curve without kinking.

Harry K

That reminds me, if you are talking small diameters, PEX would be good for
that and it can be coupled to PVC easily.

Posted to alt.home.repair
werwer

Bending waste size pipe..(3 or 4 or ... inches?).

To keep it from collapsing someone suggested a spring be placed in the
pipe. What about sand? Someone told me some pipes are bent while sand
filled to prevent this
very thing.

And to the heat... I take it mild heating from a butane torch is ok?
I'll try my wifes hair drier first.

Thanks all.

Harry K wrote:
Depending on what you are doing and the pipe size you may only need to
curve it. 3/4 and even 1" can make quite a curve without kinking.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

oups.com...

Harry K wrote:
Depending on what you are doing and the pipe size you may only need to
curve it. 3/4 and even 1" can make quite a curve without kinking.

Harry K

Heat gun works. Be vewwy, vewwy careful.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Harry K wrote:
Depending on what you are doing and the pipe size you may only need to
curve it. 3/4 and even 1" can make quite a curve without kinking.

Harry K

A hair dryer isn't going to do the job - a butane burner would be ok.

I put a very slight bend in 2" pvc pipe before and it didn't look neat
because the pipe just wanted to kink.

I suggest you practice on some scrape pieces first.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

On 25 Feb 2006 13:32:30 -0800, "werwer" wrote:

Is there a way to bend white pvc pipe? Heat? Chemical?

Heat would do it, but I don't think I'd trust it for
pressure (water-feed-lines) applications after doing that.

What are you trying to do that regular sweep and
bend fittings won't accomplish?