DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   pvc pipe, can it be bent? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/146394-pvc-pipe-can-bent.html)

werwer February 25th 06 09:32 PM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

Is there a way to bend white pvc pipe? Heat? Chemical?

digitalmaster February 25th 06 09:49 PM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

"werwer" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there a way to bend white pvc pipe? Heat? Chemical?

yes...heat

[email protected] February 25th 06 09:52 PM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

you have to support the inside with something like a big spring then
heat and bend carefully

[email protected] February 25th 06 09:52 PM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

[email protected] February 25th 06 09:53 PM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

theres flexible schedule 40 in 3 and 4 inch diameters. outside it
appears corrugated, inside its smooth

[email protected] February 25th 06 09:53 PM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

Harry K February 26th 06 02:31 AM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

Depending on what you are doing and the pipe size you may only need to
curve it. 3/4 and even 1" can make quite a curve without kinking.

Harry K

[email protected] February 26th 06 03:11 AM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

when bending you cant allow the connection location to deform, because
it wouldnt seal.

incidently schedule 40 clear drain pipe is available too

Edwin Pawlowski February 26th 06 03:26 AM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...
Depending on what you are doing and the pipe size you may only need to
curve it. 3/4 and even 1" can make quite a curve without kinking.

Harry K

That reminds me, if you are talking small diameters, PEX would be good for
that and it can be coupled to PVC easily.

werwer February 26th 06 11:22 PM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

Bending waste size pipe..(3 or 4 or ... inches?).

To keep it from collapsing someone suggested a spring be placed in the
pipe. What about sand? Someone told me some pipes are bent while sand
filled to prevent this
very thing.

And to the heat... I take it mild heating from a butane torch is ok?
I'll try my wifes hair drier first.

Thanks all.

Bob February 26th 06 11:25 PM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

oups.com...

Harry K wrote:
Depending on what you are doing and the pipe size you may only need to
curve it. 3/4 and even 1" can make quite a curve without kinking.

Harry K

Heat gun works. Be vewwy, vewwy careful.

[email protected] February 27th 06 12:18 AM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

Harry K wrote:
Depending on what you are doing and the pipe size you may only need to
curve it. 3/4 and even 1" can make quite a curve without kinking.

Harry K

A hair dryer isn't going to do the job - a butane burner would be ok.

I put a very slight bend in 2" pvc pipe before and it didn't look neat
because the pipe just wanted to kink.

I suggest you practice on some scrape pieces first.

Goedjn February 27th 06 05:10 PM

pvc pipe, can it be bent?

On 25 Feb 2006 13:32:30 -0800, "werwer" wrote:

Is there a way to bend white pvc pipe? Heat? Chemical?

Heat would do it, but I don't think I'd trust it for
pressure (water-feed-lines) applications after doing that.

What are you trying to do that regular sweep and
bend fittings won't accomplish?