Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mickgeyver mickgeyver is offline

Default Fixing a bent usb

On May 21, 10:59*pm, wrote:
Too many times I've thrown out a bent USB..
what if I really needed it? how likely would I be to repair it?
Any kits?

Usually happens with memory, but I just dropped and messed up a modem

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - = -
*Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
* * * * * * * * * *http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
* ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. *Everything fully disclaimed..}---
* *[Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
*[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

The micro usb connector broke off in my GPS unit due to flexing of no-
lead solder joints, was able to wick off the no-lead and use leaded to
fix it. Also hit a SAN DISK unit still plugged into the front of my
tower PC causing it to fail by lifting the lands from the board. That
required a few pieces of 30ga wire from the outer pins to a nearby cap
and some finer 40ga magnet wire to connect the D+/D- lines to the
controller chip. Tedious job but it works now.
al