Posted to sci.electronics.repair
chrisj.doran%[email protected] chrisj.doran%proemail.co.uk@gtempaccount.com is offline

Default Fixing a bent usb

On May 22, 3:59*am, wrote:
Too many times I've thrown out a bent USB..
what if I really needed it? how likely would I be to repair it?
Any kits?

Usually happens with memory, but I just dropped and messed up a modem

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - = -
*Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
* * * * * * * * * *http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
* ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. *Everything fully disclaimed..}---
* *[Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
*[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Since you mention it, I have an SD card reader that's fallen apart and
will no longer recognise the card, although the computer recognises it
as a disk drive with no disk. For a while, I could get it to find the
card if I squeezed it between my fingers, but that doesn't work any
more. No sweat, I got a replacement for guess what in a 99p shop. But
just out of curiosity, is there anything I could use it for, e.g.
could the computer waggle any of the card contacts up and down somehow
to control something?

Chris