Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung TV repair question.

I have an analog Samsung TV which I bought in 1998. It is around 32
inches. The problem is the image keeps getting 'squeezed'--the sides
cave in and the image takes on the shape of an hourglass. In the past,
I would have this problem for like 10 minutes but the image would
eventually correct itself. Nowadays, the problem remains as it is.
Anything can be done about this?

Model # is TXJ2766.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:47:27 -0800 (PST), Beezle Bub
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have an analog Samsung TV which I bought in 1998. It is around 32
inches. The problem is the image keeps getting 'squeezed'--the sides
cave in and the image takes on the shape of an hourglass. In the past,
I would have this problem for like 10 minutes but the image would
eventually correct itself. Nowadays, the problem remains as it is.
Anything can be done about this?

Model # is TXJ2766.

Service manual for TXJ2766 and TXJ2754:
http://elektrotanya.com/samsung_txj2.../download.html

Check the East-West / Horizontal Pincushion correction circuit.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 15/02/2011 9:23 AM, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:47:27 -0800 (PST), Beezle Bub
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have an analog Samsung TV which I bought in 1998. It is around 32
inches. The problem is the image keeps getting 'squeezed'--the sides
cave in and the image takes on the shape of an hourglass. In the past,
I would have this problem for like 10 minutes but the image would
eventually correct itself. Nowadays, the problem remains as it is.
Anything can be done about this?

Model # is TXJ2766.

Service manual for TXJ2766 and TXJ2754:
http://elektrotanya.com/samsung_txj2.../download.html

Check the East-West / Horizontal Pincushion correction circuit.

- Franc Zabkar

And since the problem used to resolve itself in 10 minutes, presumably
as the components warmed up, dud capacitors would be a good thing to
look for.

Sylvia.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message
[...]

Or bad joints on the EW modulation diode, if that chassis uses that type of
geometry correction circuitry. Needs looking at quite quickly though,
because if it is a bad joint, the currents involved in the modulator
circuit, can cause quite serious burn-up damage to the PCB

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Beezle Bub wrote:
I have an analog Samsung TV which I bought in 1998. It is around 32
inches. The problem is the image keeps getting 'squeezed'--the sides
cave in and the image takes on the shape of an hourglass. In the past,
I would have this problem for like 10 minutes but the image would
eventually correct itself. Nowadays, the problem remains as it is.
Anything can be done about this?

Model # is TXJ2766.

That's what happens when you feed HDTV into a non-HDTV TV Set. It takes
about 10 minutes for the set to correct itself because frame buffers
were a lot slower back in 1998.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Christen Alex" wrote in message

Beezle Bub wrote:
I have an analog Samsung TV which I bought in 1998. It is
around 32
inches. The problem is the image keeps getting 'squeezed'--the
sides
cave in and the image takes on the shape of an hourglass. In
the past,
I would have this problem for like 10 minutes but the image
would
eventually correct itself. Nowadays, the problem remains as it
is.
Anything can be done about this?

Model # is TXJ2766.

That's what happens when you feed HDTV into a non-HDTV TV Set.
It takes
about 10 minutes for the set to correct itself because frame
buffers
were a lot slower back in 1998.

That has to take the cake for the worst explanation of a problem
this month. HD signals do not cause an hourglass shape. If this
is a CRT set, you need to check the pincushion correction and
horizontal deflection circuitry. If it is a flat panel display
(doubtful in 1998), I have no suggestions.

David

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Beezle Bub wrote:
I have an analog Samsung TV which I bought in 1998. It is around 32
inches. The problem is the image keeps getting 'squeezed'--the sides
cave in and the image takes on the shape of an hourglass. In the past,
I would have this problem for like 10 minutes but the image would
eventually correct itself. Nowadays, the problem remains as it is.
Anything can be done about this?

Model # is TXJ2766.

That's what happens when you feed HDTV into a non-HDTV TV Set. It takes
about 10 minutes for the set to correct itself because frame buffers
were a lot slower back in 1998.

I have never read such pure unmitigated bloody nonsense in all my life,
Stick to carpentry or plumbing or baking or whatever it is you do for a
living ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Beezle Bub wrote:
I have an analog Samsung TV which I bought in 1998. It is around 32
inches. The problem is the image keeps getting 'squeezed'--the sides
cave in and the image takes on the shape of an hourglass. In the past,
I would have this problem for like 10 minutes but the image would
eventually correct itself. Nowadays, the problem remains as it is.
Anything can be done about this?

Model # is TXJ2766.

That's what happens when you feed HDTV into a non-HDTV TV Set. It takes
about 10 minutes for the set to correct itself because frame buffers
were a lot slower back in 1998.

I have never read such pure unmitigated bloody nonsense in all my life,
Stick to carpentry or plumbing or baking or whatever it is you do for a
living ...

You can't be /serious/ - I thought it explained the problem of trying to squezze
HD into 32 inches very well....

--
Geo
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Beezle Bub wrote:
I have an analog Samsung TV which I bought in 1998. It is around 32
inches. The problem is the image keeps getting 'squeezed'--the sides
cave in and the image takes on the shape of an hourglass. In the
past, I would have this problem for like 10 minutes but the image
would eventually correct itself. Nowadays, the problem remains as it
is. Anything can be done about this?

Model # is TXJ2766.

That's what happens when you feed HDTV into a non-HDTV TV Set. It
takes about 10 minutes for the set to correct itself because frame
buffers were a lot slower back in 1998.

I have never read such pure unmitigated bloody nonsense in all my life,
Stick to carpentry or plumbing or baking or whatever it is you do for a
living ...

You can't be /serious/ - I thought it explained the problem of trying to
squezze HD into 32 inches very well....

LOL

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse