Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Samsung TV repair question.

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message
On 15/02/2011 9:23 AM, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:47:27 -0800 (PST), Beezle Bub
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have an analog Samsung TV which I bought in 1998. It is around 32
inches. The problem is the image keeps getting 'squeezed'--the sides
cave in and the image takes on the shape of an hourglass. In the past,
I would have this problem for like 10 minutes but the image would
eventually correct itself. Nowadays, the problem remains as it is.
Anything can be done about this?

Model # is TXJ2766.

Service manual for TXJ2766 and TXJ2754:
http://elektrotanya.com/samsung_txj2.../download.html

Check the East-West / Horizontal Pincushion correction circuit.

- Franc Zabkar

And since the problem used to resolve itself in 10 minutes, presumably as
the components warmed up, dud capacitors would be a good thing to look
for.

Sylvia.

Or bad joints on the EW modulation diode, if that chassis uses that type of
geometry correction circuitry. Needs looking at quite quickly though,
because if it is a bad joint, the currents involved in the modulator
circuit, can cause quite serious burn-up damage to the PCB

Arfa