ldl

Default samsung television repair

I have a Samsung 61" DLP television model HLN61W. It has stopped
working. The repair companies recommeded by Samsung have either been
unable to keep appointments or have shown up without any repair parts.
How can I get this expensive TV fixed?

How can they show up with the repair parts needed for your set until
they know what needs to be ordered and replaced?

Samsung has the repair parts, not the servicer. The servicer has to
come out, diagnose the failure, order the part, return to fix the set.

My question is, what is the status of the repair being performed by the
service company that is Samsung authorized and actually was allowed to
diagnose your set?

ldl

The technician that has seen the set has determined that the problem is
with the "central controller". As of this time he has not called back
with a price or lead time for ordering the parts.

Unfortunately I did not buy the extended warranty so I will be paying
the cost.

Without knowing what they mean by central controller, I cannot even
look up the servicer price. Did they say the digital control board,
the dlp light engine and controller, etc.

Most of the digital boards run between $240 and $400, the dlp light
engine and controller runs $1800. These are not including shipping or
any markup at all. The lamp alone is around $300.

I would not be suprised to see a total repair bill in the $500-$600
range which is typical since Samsung is board level replacement. Looks
like it is about a $2000-$2500 at retail set right now.

How far out of warranty and where was it purchased? You might be able
to get some minimal part cost help from Samsung if you call them and
you did not buy it from Sears.

ldl

Thank you for your response. The television had a one year warranty.
I have had it for two years. It was purchased from Magnolia Hi Fi in
Santa Monica California.

It appears that the most expeditious way to get the repairs done is to
continue to call the company that diagnosed the problem and try to get
them to fix it.