Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pub with No Beer lives here

"Arfa ****wit Daily is a lying pile of **** "

Bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone on here has got a scrap one
of these languishing up a corner in their cellar or wherever ? Owner of a
shop that I do a lot of work for has been given one of these lovely old
units, but the VFD is busted. Other than that, it all seems to work just
fine. It's an NEC 16 character 'starburst' type. Seems its actual number
is FIP16A5. There are references on the 'net, but no one stocking such an
item even as NOS. Anyone help ?

** But there's-a nothing so lonesome, morbid or drear....

than some ****ing pile of FAULTY digital **** that is over 20 years old.

Get real - you stupid, pommy ****head.

( all apologies to Slim Dusty )

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Phil Allison wrote:
( all apologies to Slim Dusty )

Be more to the point if you apologised to everyone here and elsewhere for
your behaviour which is more akin to a petulant 5 year old.

--
*A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

all apologies to Slim Dusty

Who's Slim Dusty? Any relation to Norm Peterson?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/6/2011 5:56 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
all apologies to Slim Dusty

Who's Slim Dusty? Any relation to Norm Peterson?

Geeze William. Sometimes you frighten me.

David Gordon "Slim Dusty" Kirkpatrick AO, MBE (13 June
1927—19 September 2003) was an Australian country music
singer-songwriter. He was the first Australian to have
a No. 1 Hit song (Pub With No Beer). He received an
unequaled 37 Golden Guitar and two ARIA awards and was
inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame and the Country Music
Roll of Renown. At the time of his death at the age of
76, Dusty had been working on his 106th album for EMI
Records. In 2007 his domestic record sales in Australia
surpassed seven million.

Oh it's-a lonesome away from your kindred and all
By the campfire at night we'll hear the wild dingoes call
But there's-a nothing so lonesome, morbid or drear
Than to stand in the bar of a pub with no beer

Now the publican's anxious for the quota to come
And there's a far away look on the face of the bum
The maid's gone all cranky and the cook's acting queer
Oh what a terrible place is a pub with no beer

Then the stockman rides up with his dry dusty throat
He breasts up to the bar and pulls a wad from his coat
But the smile on his face quickly turns to a sneer
As the barman says sadly the pub's got no beer

Then the swaggie comes in smothered in dust and flies
He throws down his roll and rubs the sweat from his eyes
But when he is told, he says what's this I hear
I've trudged fifty flamin' miles to a pub with no beer

Now there's a dog on the v'randa, for his master he waits
But the boss is inside drinking wine with his mates
He hurries for cover and he cringes in fear
It's no place for a dog 'round a pub with no beer

And old Billy the blacksmith, the first time in his life
Why he's gone home cold sober to his darling wife
He walks in the kitchen, she says you're early Bill dear
But then he breaks down and tells her the pub's got no beer

Oh it's hard to believe that there's customers still
But the money's still tinkling in the old ancient till
The wine buffs are happy and I know they're sincere
When they say they don't care if the pub's got no beer

So it's-a lonesome away from your kindred and all
By the campfire at night we'll hear the wild dingoes call
But there's-a nothing so lonesome, morbid or drear
Than to stand in the bar of that pub with-a no beer
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jeffrey Angus"
William Sommerwerck wrote:

[...]

** Thanks for that.

I wonderd how long it would take for anyone here to get the joke.

..... Phil

O/T: Veg-O-Matic Lives Lew Hodgett[_4_] Woodworking 1 July 14th 09 11:43 AM
Metalworking Saves Lives... Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 2 February 25th 08 09:55 PM
It LIVES!!! Todd Rich Metalworking 16 December 23rd 07 04:35 PM
Change Lives with only $25, a must read! [email protected] Home Repair 0 August 9th 07 07:36 AM
Magnavox RH8524 Lives Kirk S. Electronics Repair 0 October 8th 04 03:09 AM