Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Negative ion disrupters

The other day I was walking around the local mall with some friends
when I was approched by this young girl at a kiosk. She asked me if I
was
familiar with how all the negative ions in the air, which are caused
by cell phones, wireless equipment, etc interfere with the natual
processes of our bodies and disrupt our equalibrium. I truly have not
heard about this but being bored anyway I decided to let her lay this
rap on me. Besides she wasn't too hard to look at and so this made it
a lot more interesting.

She asked me to stand on my right foot only and stick my left arm
straight out and she asked me to try to balance. She then placed her
hand on my left wrist, applied some pressure and tipped me over. We
then repeated this process on the other side with the same results.

At this point she showed me what appeared to be simply a small rubber
"bracelet". She put this thing on my wrist and we repeated the
process. I was amazed to note that my balance was a lot better and she
was not able to tip me over on either side.

Being the sceptic, (and probably the most difficult person to try to
sell anything to) I had to confirm what had just happened. So we
repeated the whole process, twice more. Each time I was very careful
to note the position of her hand on my wrist, the downward force used,
etc. The seemingly ashtonishing results were the same.

It didn't seem to matter which hand the thing was on either. In fact
she offered that it would probably work if it was in my pocket,
although we didn't try that.

The "bracelet" was 25.00. I didn't buy one though. I told the girl
that I really wantd to find out more about this and she told me that
she would be there well into January. Surprisingly she wasn't pushy at
all.

Now this probably is going to sound a bit stupid but I do believe that
SOMETHIBG was happening there but I can't imagine what. I am sure that
I conducted the experiment using the same criteria each time and with
the same results. ( same pressure on the wrist, same position on the
wrist, etc.)

I'm not saying that I'm ready to go out and buy a bunch of these
things but I will admit I am truly intriguied.

I related this story to a friend and he suggested that I was obviously
too busy imagining what she must look like without her clothes on that
my judgement was clouded..Admitedly while I might have considered it
this was not what was going on. So other than to tell me to have my
head examined, does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks, Lenny

Neon lamp negative resistance - neon negative resistance.pdf John Fields Electronic Schematics 14 January 21st 09 03:40 PM
Negative hook? mkr5000 Woodworking 2 February 3rd 08 02:45 PM
Negative gloat! Toller Woodworking 9 July 2nd 07 12:44 AM
Positive or Negative? Steve B Home Repair 15 December 6th 06 03:02 AM
positive and negative meirman Electronics Repair 5 January 18th 05 07:06 PM