Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cost of a new display panel for my Samsung LED TV?

All:
In your opinion, what would it cost me to repair my Samsung 40" LED TV -- UN40B6000? It looks as if I need
a new display panel installed.

Keith
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Keith" wrote in message
All:
In your opinion, what would it cost me to repair my Samsung 40" LED TV --
UN40B6000? It looks as if I need
a new display panel installed.

Keith

Buy another set. The panels cost more to replace than the entire set does
new... :-/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Keith" wrote in message
All:
In your opinion, what would it cost me to repair my Samsung 40" LED TV --
UN40B6000? It looks as if I need
a new display panel installed.

Keith

How did you come to this conclusion? What is the problem with the TV? Please
describe the problems with the tv. Maybe someone here can help you without
replacing the panel.

Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 12:06:33 +0000 (UTC), Keith
wrote:

All:
In your opinion, what would it cost me to repair my Samsung 40" LED TV -- UN40B6000? It looks as if I need
a new display panel installed.

Keith

If the display is dim, the problem is probably the backlight, not the
panel itself. If you can find the backlight tube and/or power supply
to purchase, it's not impossible to replace. However, it's not a
first-time electronics repair project - more along the lines of
rebuilding a 4 barrel carburetor in the days before nearly all
engines had fuel injection.

John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

All: In your opinion, what would it cost me to repair my Samsung 40"
LED TV -- UN40B6000? It looks as if I need a new display panel
installed.

Keith

If the display is dim, the problem is probably the backlight, not the
panel itself. If you can find the backlight tube and/or power supply
to purchase, it's not impossible to replace. However, it's not a
first-time electronics repair project - more along the lines of
rebuilding a 4 barrel carburetor in the days before nearly all
engines had fuel injection.

John

Thought LED TVs use LEDs as backlights? And if a few fail...

--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

All:
In your opinion, what would it cost me to repair my Samsung 40" LED TV -- UN40B6000? It looks as if I need
a new display panel installed.

Keith

Barring physical damage to the LCD panel itself (ie, hit by Wii
controller) it should be unnecessary to replace the panel. What you
have described in one of your replies sounds like a bad T-conn board.

PlainBill