Nick Funk

Default Samsung Display Quark?

I just purchased a Samsung 955DF 19" crt flat screen monitor. Great
colors and resolution. Looks nice but it seems like the picture tube is
set back a ways from the front bezel causing a black edge (non
displayable portion of tube) around the screen.

I have the screen adjusted to max, tried different display sizes and
refresh rates. Still have this black portion between the displayed area
and the front bezel. Is this normal? It sort of driving me crazy.

Any information is appreciated?
Nick

Arthur Jernberg

Are you absolutely certian that it is not a "Black Surround" crt, like
Thompson, Sony, Toshiba, etc use?? Are there small "tick" marks centred on
vertical edges of the crt?
"Nick Funk" wrote in message
I just purchased a Samsung 955DF 19" crt flat screen monitor. Great
colors and resolution. Looks nice but it seems like the picture tube is
set back a ways from the front bezel causing a black edge (non
displayable portion of tube) around the screen.

I have the screen adjusted to max, tried different display sizes and
refresh rates. Still have this black portion between the displayed area
and the front bezel. Is this normal? It sort of driving me crazy.

Any information is appreciated?
Nick

Nick Funk

I don't see any black tick marks. I do notice one small pixel centered
on each side of the display area. It is located just outside of the
display area in the black area of the screen.

"Nick Funk" wrote in message

I just purchased a Samsung 955DF 19" crt flat screen monitor. Great
colors and resolution. Looks nice but it seems like the picture tube is
set back a ways from the front bezel causing a black edge (non
displayable portion of tube) around the screen.

I have the screen adjusted to max, tried different display sizes and
refresh rates. Still have this black portion between the displayed area
and the front bezel. Is this normal? It sort of driving me crazy.

Any information is appreciated?
Nick

Bill Jr

Nick,
This is normal for this type CRT.
Crazy or not.
Those single "pixels" are the tick marks on that "Black Mask" type CRT that
Arthur mentioned. They are there to visibly mark the center of the viewable
area for geometry alignments by the equipment that sets up the alignments on
the assembly line (and later for technical adjustments by qualified techs).
You are also seeing the thickness of the glass which is thicker than what
you were accustomed to as well as the front bezel being smaller.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr