Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

Default Good LED TV repair men in San Diego County area?

All:
Does anyone know of a safe, reliable, and honest LED TV repairman in the San Diego County area? If so,
please email or post me here.

Keith
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 20, 5:12*pm, Keith wrote:
All:
*Does anyone know of a safe, reliable, and honest LED TV repairman in the San Diego County area? *If so,
please email or post me here.

Keith

more details, make and model of the tv, etc
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 22:12:01 +0000 (UTC), Keith
wrote:

All:
Does anyone know of a safe, reliable, and honest LED TV repairman in the San Diego County area? If so,
please email or post me here.

Keith

Ummm.... if it's an LED TV (presumably LED back or side lighting),
then it's probably no more than about 10 months old. Didn't you get a
warranty?

Also, all TV repairmen lie. For example, the line "that's a great TV
you have there and well worth fixing" is usually intended to reassure
the customer that they didn't buy a total piece of junk that's
probably going to fail sporadically for its entire useful life. Forget
about honest. I'm not sure what you mean by "safe" but I haven't
heard of any TV electrocutions for a few years. Reliable is also
questionable as nobody shows up or delivers on time any more. I don't
know any repairman that qualifies, including myself. Sorry.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

"Keith" wrote in message
All:
Does anyone know of a safe, reliable, and honest LED TV repairman in the
San Diego County area? If so,
please email or post me here.

Keith

you don't have an LED tv to repair.
you've fallen for marketing.

--
Gareth.

that fly...... is your magic wand....
http://dsbdsb.mybrute.com
you fight better when you have a bear!

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

Hrhofmann:
Samsung 40" LED TV (UN40B6000) with no warranty.

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Also if bought by a credit card the manufacturer's warranty might be
extended

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Ummm.... if it's an LED TV (presumably LED back or side lighting),
then it's probably no more than about 10 months old. Didn't you get a
warranty?

--
Lee (in Florida)US Army Retired
Georgie Boy Cruise Master
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

What about the manufacturer's "official" repair shops?

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

I told a lot of customers that their electronics weren't worth
wasting money to repair. TVs, two way radios, VCRs it didn't matter. If
it was junk, I told them to replace it. people would still call me for
other repair work, so I still had more work than I could handle until my
health failed and I had to shut down the shop.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:38:27 +0000, Keith wrote:

Hrhofmann:
Samsung 40" LED TV (UN40B6000) with no warranty.

http://www.samsung.com/us/

Go to the Support page and look for a factory recommended service
facility.

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

"Keith" wrote in message
All:
Does anyone know of a safe, reliable, and honest LED TV repairman in the
San Diego County area? If so,
please email or post me here.

Keith

First of all, how has it failed? If it has failed due to impact damage and
the screen is broken, it isnt econoical to fix it. As others have stated it
should be covered under the manufacturers warranty still.

Mike

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

Mike:
According to Samsung, it's not covered under their warranty. I guess I will have to either live with it or buy
another one. Thank you anyway.

Keith
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

According to Samsung, it's not covered under their warranty.
I guess I will have to either live with it or buy another one.
Thank you anyway.

Didn't you say the set was about 10 months old? Or did I misunderstand?

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:37:23 +0000, Keith wrote:

Mike:
According to Samsung, it's not covered under their warranty. I guess I
will have to either live with it or buy
another one. Thank you anyway.

Keith

And just what isn't covered?

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

Keith wrote:
All:
Does anyone know of a safe, reliable, and honest LED TV repairman in the San Diego County area? If so,
please email or post me here.

Keith

If your screen is Dark(!) it may be repairable for a reasonable amount of money.
But if you are missing groups of pixels (or groups of LED backlight) you may be SOL.
WAG

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

On 10/22/2010 8:23 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:37:23 +0000, Keith wrote:

Mike:
According to Samsung, it's not covered under their warranty. I guess I
will have to either live with it or buy
another one. Thank you anyway.

Keith

And just what isn't covered?

On another thread, he reported that the screen's anti- reflective
coating was accidentally torn. Warranties usually only cover
manufacturing defects, not damage due to accidents.
--
Jim

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

On another thread, he reported that the screen's anti- reflective
coating was accidentally torn. Warranties usually only cover
manufacturing defects, not damage due to accidents.

Duh. Right. I forgot.

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:24:23 -0700, Jim H wrote:

On 10/22/2010 8:23 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:37:23 +0000, Keith wrote:

Mike:
According to Samsung, it's not covered under their warranty. I guess
I will have to either live with it or buy
another one. Thank you anyway.

Keith

And just what isn't covered?

On another thread, he reported that the screen's anti- reflective
coating was accidentally torn. Warranties usually only cover
manufacturing defects, not damage due to accidents.

Ah ok. I don't think any kind of tear could be classified as a defect in
workmanship. And it's doubtful that this is something that can be
replaced without replacing the entire panel.