Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ripped speaker grill

Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair. So
far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen. Anyone
successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried. Assume fancy
tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact match new fabric
to the original.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On 10/08/2010 11:47, N_Cook wrote:
Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair. So
far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen. Anyone
successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried. Assume fancy
tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact match new fabric
to the original.

Take it to an antiques restorer
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ron wrote in message
news
On 10/08/2010 11:47, N_Cook wrote:
Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair.

So
far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen.

Anyone
successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried. Assume

fancy
tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact match new

fabric
to the original.

Take it to an antiques restorer

I happen to know a textiles restorer, usually material like Nelson's Victory
red ensign restoration (not repairing the shrapnel holes) but worth asking
him next time I see him.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:47:17 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair.
So far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen.
Anyone successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried.
Assume fancy tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact
match new fabric to the original.

Order the original grill cloth if possible and replace. If not match as
close as possible.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote:
Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible
repair. So far I've never been in that situation but it could easily
happen. Anyone successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but
nothing tried. Assume fancy tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric,
unobtanium exact match new fabric to the original.

Take a look here (http://www.grillecloth.com/) and try to match or closely
approximate the cloth on your speakers. If you're looking for an exact
match, your best bet would be to replace the cloth on all speakers.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net